Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Due to scheduling conflicts, we will be going to Elkhart County a week later than planned. Have never hunted this week, in any state, and hope that the rut activity will still be happening. What do you think?

·
74,535 Posts
Could be the best days in Nov

XX78Dad said:
Due to scheduling conflicts, we will be going to Elkhart County a week later than planned. Have never hunted this week, in any state, and hope that the rut activity will still be happening. What do you think?
According to my moon guide. I plan on being in the woods that week myself.
DB

·
Registered
2,224 Posts
Hunting will still be good then. You'll be catching a break this year, as gun season starts on the 18th. So you'll benefit from late rutting activity without the Orange Army to shut them down.

Good luck.

·
Registered
470 Posts
I think you'll be alright, I always look forward to the first and second week of November as prime time...I think that the week of the 11th will be more torwards the "tending" phase of the rut. I believe you will have good luck.

Have fun and hunt safe!

·
Registered
988 Posts
I would say that you picked a great week. I usually see most of my hard rutting activity around this time.

Good luck!

BTG19

·
Have bow will travel
823 Posts
I historically see chasing from 10/30/06-11/9/06 and hard rutting activity from 11/10/06-11/21/06. The week you will be hunting I move from the bottlenecks and travel corridors to doe bedding areas and food sources. I hunt just SW of Elkhart in Marshall so hopefully this helps.

Scott.

·
Registered
987 Posts
I like the chase phase of Oct. 31 - Nov. 7 myself. I feel that the week you are going seems to be a more lock down time with the does. Here in Kosciusko County, it seems to me that most people I know around here have the best luck around the time I posted. But I will say, what you have going for you is that you are going to be out before the gun slingers are out.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts