Archery Talk Forum banner

indoor 3-d shoot

672 Views 9 Replies 5 Participants Last post by  Supermag
Gonna shoot my first indoor 3-d shoot tonight and im wandering how the set-up works. I have shot out door 3-d but never shot on a line before.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
1,386 Posts
Imagine shooting from the stake with two other guys at the same time while 30 other guys talk and 29 other animals are staring at you from down range.

Kinda like that. :darkbeer:

· Registered
1,227 Posts
Not sure about all indoor ranges but I shoot at Route 157 Archery World, there are 30 stations marked out on the concrete from left to right, with probably 50 targets ( Open-Blue, MBRR-Green & Hunter-Orange classes share some targets ). You and your partner start on 2 stations to make it easy lets say shots 1&2 you both shoot an arrow at each target then once everyone has done that ( it seems like you always have to wait for the Open shooters ) then you walk to the targets pull your arrows & score, return and shoot 3&4 and you just keep rockin' it till you shoot all 30.

Good luck and have fun. I seem to shoot way better outdoors, I'm not sure if it is because of less distractions, or what.

Later

· Banned
360 Posts
I recently shot my first indoor 3D and really enjoyed it. For the one I shot, there were no differences in targets or yardages between divisions (except cub and traditional guys on two longer shots). Everyone went to a station (shotgun start), there were up to 3 shooters in a group, and each shooter shot 2 arrows per target. When the line was done shooting, you went scored and pulled arrows then moved to the next station.

When shooting on the line, each station had about three feet of the line. The guys on each side of me and I each kind of waited for each other to shoot an arrow before drawing for the next shot. It wasn't dead quiet in there by any means but people visiting while waiting to shoot or pull arrows stayed back off the line aways. I really enjoyed my first indoor 3D and hope you do too.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.