Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Livin' The Dream
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Everyone,

This is an extreme newby question I'm sure. I'm shooting indoor 3d league which is my first time shooting any sort of league ever. I'm looking to get a quiver but wondering if I should get a right handed with arrows angling forward or get a left handed one to have them angling backwards. Probably a stupid question like i said but any help on that and what a good quiver would be without going too nuts on price.

Thanks!

·
Registered
4,854 Posts
29 bucks at lancaster right now its what i got sweet quiver, doesnt come with a belt so get a belt too

Attachments

·
Registered
8,070 Posts
Hey Everyone,

This is an extreme newby question I'm sure. I'm shooting indoor 3d league which is my first time shooting any sort of league ever. I'm looking to get a quiver but wondering if I should get a right handed with arrows angling forward or get a left handed one to have them angling backwards. Probably a stupid question like i said but any help on that and what a good quiver would be without going too nuts on price.

Thanks!
Field quivers have the arrow nocks facing rearward. Hip quivers have the arrow nocks facing forward. There are left and right versions for each type, they don't work particularly well reversed unless you get one specifically designed to be reversible. You can use either type indoor or outdoor, but Field quivers (rear facing nocks) are more common indoor because interference with other shooters is typically less on a crowded shooting line when the arrows are "behind" the archer.

·
Livin' The Dream
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Field quivers have the arrow nocks facing rearward. Hip quivers have the arrow nocks facing forward. There are left and right versions for each type, they don't work particularly well reversed unless you get one specifically designed to be reversible. You can use either type indoor or outdoor, but Field quivers (rear facing nocks) are more common indoor because interference with other shooters is typically less on a crowded shooting line when the arrows are "behind" the archer.
Thanks for the help! Thats great to know!

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Nestly, I don't know that there is less interference with a field quiver. I hate to be behind someone with one of those indoors. They are usually shooting longish arrows, and then have to give their little twirl whenever they remove an arrow. Can't tell you how many times my wife and I have been poked by someone with those quivers. Annoying at any time, but especially when you are at full draw.

·
Team Gutshot
2,869 Posts
Just ordered this one off Amazon Prime. $19.99 and comes with a belt.

91cJG4P5P-L._SL1500_.jpg

·
Registered
8,070 Posts
Nestly, I don't know that there is less interference with a field quiver. I hate to be behind someone with one of those indoors. They are usually shooting longish arrows, and then have to give their little twirl whenever they remove an arrow. Can't tell you how many times my wife and I have been poked by someone with those quivers. Annoying at any time, but especially when you are at full draw.
It comes down to how they are positioned. If positioned correctly, I don't think there is any doubt that Field (rear facing) gives more room on the line, but having said that, I've probably been poked far more often by people using Field quivers that don't have good awareness of where there arrows are at because the can't see them. I personally prefer front facing Hip quivers for both indoor and outdoor, but I seem to be in the minority.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts