Archery Talk Forum banner

Indoor archery range in Seattle, WA?

1791 Views 10 Replies 8 Participants Last post by  Osmanthus
Is there any indoor archery range in Seattle, Washington?

We have families there and wondering about checking out the ranges when we visit.

Thank you.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
62 Posts
Yes! The Nock Point is in Mountlake Terrace, south of Everett, about 15-20 min north of Seattle. Address is 22313 70th Ave W, Mountlake Terrace, 98043. It's in a business park, top floor. 20-yd indoor range, shop that carries a good range of Recurve stuff, and great, helpful staff.

Depending when you go, you might meet Archer Addy, who shoots for Nock Point/Next Step Archery, which is their training center next door. A great shooter, she's writing a book series on her 3-year journey from newbie to champion of Redding and more. No, I don't know her personally - but her story is awesome, and she's only 10!

Hope this helps!

· Is that a cookie?
5,198 Posts
There are none in the city itself, unfortunately. Several small clubs have ranges throughout WA, but hours may be limited. If you will be in the Seattle metro area, The Nock Point is your best bet approx 20 miles north of downtown Seattle. 26 lanes plus a pro shop, open seven days a week and the best indoor range in the NW: http://www.thenockpoint.com

If outside Seattle, you can check this list of clubs to see if any are near where you will be staying and contact them about public access and hours. https://docs.google.com/file/d/0ByBR68naZhtiUmlqNVBqVkg1OGs/edit

Enjoy your stay!

(Edited to say Ms X beat me to it and nailed it.)

· Registered
577 Posts
if you go to nockpoint, make sure you call ahead. i was there a few weeks ago and they were slammed

· Registered
1,020 Posts
I've also been to the Nock Point and have a few observations. I'm just telling of my experience, not meant to be negative.
They were busy the day I went, and they only sold blue face targets, no colored targets.
I brought my 10 year old who wanted to practice 60cm JOAD stuff, but he was forced to do 40cm blue face. Due to using the plastic material type bales surrounded with wood casing, to shoot a 60cm means that 2 lanes are taken up for full yardage, which might be an issue if they do two lines. I don't know if they get THAT busy.
I ended up shooting over my son's bale at 10 yards to a high target at 20y. I couldn't move the target to different height ala tournament practice.

Their rental prices for bows are very expensive IMO. I wanted to invite the cousins that we were visiting, but the cost was prohibitive for a new archer who only might shoot an hour. -- from the web site: "Recurve bow, arrows, armguard and finger tab – $35 Adult, $30 Youth for all day – includes range fee". I'm not sure if they do Groupons or something similar.

· Registered
140 Posts
The Nock Point gets really busy on the weekends. However, we have been lucky enough to get spots each time we went. Early-ish in the morning is a good bet. They do their best to accommodate everyone, and I've never seen them do 2 lines, even on the weekends.

I agree with granite14, the rental prices are high, it's not worth it to shoot for only an hour, but back when we didn't have our own gear, we would rent in the morning and shoot all day long, with a break for lunch. Made it worth it and gave us some nice practice.

You CAN take up 2 lanes and shoot a 60cm target when they are not that busy (yeaah, weekday nights or something :p ). Also, they run out of targets sometimes, that is why they would only have BF available - this is also due to being super-busy on some days, I reckon. Also, I don't *think* they even have 60cm targets, but of course you can bring your own.

· Registered
140 Posts
Have you looked at Skookum Archers down in Puyallup. There is 3 walk through courses and a flat range from 10 to 100 yards and 20 to 90m. Shoot all day for $5. On the club site is a proshop that has an indoor range at the Great Northwest Archery. Okay, not exactly in Seattle but about as far south of seattle as the Nock Point is north of seattle (more or less).
More. A LOT more. More than twice as far from downtown Seattle. Just sayin' I'd be totally shooting there if it wasn't so damn far! And dat traffic, man! DAT TRAFFIC!

· Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thank you for everyone's input. I'll pass along the information and I'll keep those in mind the next time we visit.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.