Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Stupid Question # 298,359,872 (since I Hunt and shoot 3-D)

I was looking at a copy of the North Carolina NCFAA Indoor schedule. What is the difference between NFAA 300, Vegas 300, Vegas 450, and Vegas 600 Rounds.

·
Registered
991 Posts
Answer # 298,359,872 There are no Stupid Questions

NCFAA Indoor Archery Rounds

NFAA 300 Rounds

Distance is 20 yards
Archers will shoot 5 arrows per end. 12 ends of arrows. Total of 60 shots
Best possible score is 300 – 60x’s

5 Spot NFAA Target - scoring from the center of the x ring – outward X, 5, 4
Normally, One arrow is shot in each spot, in any sequence the shooter desires.
You may shoot any number of arrows into a single spot

Archers may choose to shoot a
NFAA Single spot 40cm Target
Shooting all five arrows at the blue face with white bullseye colored scoring face
Scores from the center x – outwards, X, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1

There is a 4-minute time limit per end of arrows.
Once buzzer sounds any arrow not shot, will not be scored.

X’s will be counted and total x count will break ties.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Vegas Rounds
Distance is 18 Meters
Archers will shoot 3 arrows per end.

3 spot Vegas Target scoring from the center of the x ring – outwards X, 10, 9, 8, 7, 6
Normally, One arrow is shot in each spot, in any sequence the shooter desires.
You may shoot any number of arrows into a single spot

Archers may substitute a
Single spot 40cm Fita Target
Shooting all three arrows at the Multi-colored 10 ring scoring face
Scores from the center x – outwards, X, 10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1

There is a 2 ½ minute time limit per end of arrows.
Once buzzer sounds any arrow not shot, will not be scored.

X’s will be counted and total x count will break ties.

“Vegas 300 Round”
Archers will shoot 3 arrows per end. There are 10 ends of arrows. Totaling 30 shots.
Best possible score of 300 – 30 X’s

“Vegas 450 Round”

Archers will shoot 3 arrows per end. There are 15 ends of arrows. Totaling 45 shots.
Best possible score of 450 – 45 X’s

“Vegas 600 Round”

Archers will shoot 3 arrows per end. There are 20 ends of arrows. Totaling 60 shots.
Best possible score of 600 – 60 X’s

·
Registered
5,663 Posts
my only comment is that I thought you could only shoot 1 arrow into each spot of the multi-spot face whether it be a vegas round or an NFAA round.

Clarification please:confused:

·
Registered
121 Posts
You can shoot more than one arrow into a single spot on a multi spot face. You don't have to shoot one arrow per spot. A lot of people think that you have to shoot one arrow per spot.

An archer may shoot any of the 4 spot or 5 spot targets in any order and shoot as many arrows into a spot as the archer dersires, not to exceed the prescribed number of arrows per end.
page 57 paragraph 5.10.1 of the nfaa rule book

·
Registered
2,380 Posts
The NFAA Rules had been changed a couple years back to allow archers to shoot multiple arrows into each spot, not to exceed the prescribed number of arrows per end.

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
I know the original question was about NFAA 300 and Vegas rounds, but I was wondering about the 18 meter FITA rounds. The target is the same as the Vegas target. I was told though that you may only shoot one arrow per spot (unlike the NFAA and Vegas) and also that they must be shot in order with numbered arrows used in order. Is this correct? I am trying to get comfortable with the order of the targets requested and also am being more careful to use my arrows in the correct order. For compound bows I was also told that the small X ring will be the only 10 point score.

Still learning. Thank you.

·
Registered
193 Posts
erasmu said:
I know the original question was about NFAA 300 and Vegas rounds, but I was wondering about the 18 meter FITA rounds. The target is the same as the Vegas target. I was told though that you may only shoot one arrow per spot (unlike the NFAA and Vegas) and also that they must be shot in order with numbered arrows used in order. Is this correct? I am trying to get comfortable with the order of the targets requested and also am being more careful to use my arrows in the correct order. For compound bows I was also told that the small X ring will be the only 10 point score.

Still learning. Thank you.
The NAA does only allow one arrow per target on the multiple face targets. They require all arrows to be marked with the shooters initials on the shaft so they can be identified during scoring if needed. However they don't require that you shoot them in any numerical order and you may shoot the 3 spots in any order you choose, so long as you shoot one arrow at each scoring face. Yes for compound shooters the smallest x ring is the 10 when scoring in the NAA, the remainder of the gold is a 9.

·
Registered
6,647 Posts
Just an additional fyi, NFAA is, as far as I know, the only org. that permits multiple arrows per spot on the multi-spot targets. Vegas is also 1 arrow per spot similar to the NAA for multi-spot target faces.

>>------->

1 - 11 of 11 Posts