Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
833 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I bought some uncut eclipse 2712's for indoor this year. (Man are they logs). I also bought 300 grain tips and going to fletch with gateway 4" feathers. What would be the optimum arrow length?

29" drawlength, 2009 Hoyt Vantage Elite,

Would this change if my sons draw lenght is a bit shorter at 28" shooting a 2009 hoyt 737

Thanks for the input

Rick

·
Registered
833 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
ttt

·
Registered
3,895 Posts
Depends on what poundage you are shooting. Have someone run it on AA or TAP and they can tell you the length for optimum spine!

·
Registered
833 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I will be shooting 56 pounds and my son around 51-52. Can someone run this on AA or TAP, are those programs? Can the programs be shared if you have it :) Thanks

·
Registered
833 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
We both have cam and a half plus

·
Registered
833 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank You for the info

Man where did you get that software, it looks awesome, can i get it?

·
Registered
7,623 Posts
I'd cut about 1.5" on yours and leave ur sons full length.

I shoot my 2613's full length with 200 gr tips out of my ve with spirals.

·
Registered
833 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
according to spotshooter my son's would be very stiff

·
Registered
5,550 Posts
Yes you can get it online . Larry (the originator of the program) is a sponsor of Archery Talk . It is called On Target 2 or PSI. Great program IMO and cheap to boot (less than $30.00) and updates are only $5 a year for all the new arrows and bows that come out . There are more updates than just one during the year as he works on the program but you only pay one five dollar fee a year for all the updates. Here is the link to his website. Plus you can download a trial version for 10 days http://pinwheelsoftware.com/

·
Registered
833 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
very interesting

·
Registered
833 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
thanks for the input, so leave my son's at 31inches? and cut 1.5 inches off mine, bringing it down to 29.5 inches.

·
Registered
7,623 Posts
thanks for the input, so leave my son's at 31inches? and cut 1.5 inches off mine, bringing it down to 29.5 inches.
No! I wouldn't cut ANY off of your sons. About 1.5" or so off of yours. Not much.

Trust me... If I could hold myself together I would NEVER drop an x. These shafts at full length are working great for me.

·
Registered
833 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
No! I wouldn't cut ANY off of your sons. About 1.5" or so off of yours. Not much.

Trust me... If I could hold myself together I would NEVER drop an x. These shafts at full length are working great for me.
Thanks for the input, thats what i am going to do then.
Thanks again fellow archers

1 - 20 of 21 Posts