Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When setting up indoor arrows do you guys try to get them to spine perfect or do you have them super stiff? Should I try to spine my arrows perfect using OnTarget (is it reliable)? Wondering what your experences are with forgivness between the two setups?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
Supershot said:
When setting up indoor arrows do you guys try to get them to spine perfect or do you have them super stiff? Should I try to spine my arrows perfect using OnTarget (is it reliable)? Wondering what your experences are with forgivness between the two setups?

Thanks
I have found the aluminum shafts need to be spined close to your set-up. Carbon shafts are not as critical. I shoot the 30X pros at 30" with 190 gr. points. This is very stiff for my set up (54 lbs) but they are very accurate.

Darrel

·
Registered
687 Posts
Supershot said:

Thanks

I think that if you look back at what has won the most over the past 10 years you would be hard pressed to find many setups that are "perfect spine" (on paper).

Most of the winners are using 2512s or 2613s at less than 60 lbs.

·
Registered
4,515 Posts
I like correctly spined arrows.

But the I've never shot logs to do a compare.

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Extremely stiff shafts can work very well for indoors. They will shoot winning scores just the same as a "spine matched" set.

·
washed up wannabe
12,235 Posts
I found my X count climbing when I switched from 2613's to 2314's. I built my 2314's using numbers from OnTarget and I couldn't have been happier. I will be shooting them again this season. It is also nice to have just one setup for both NFAA and FITA indoor.

·
Registered
780 Posts
there are quite a few of the pro shooters useing 2613's and getting the heavyest tip they can and then getting a 180 grain bullet that fits tight and pressing it inside the tip just to get the spine closer and more forgiving.
to each his own, but mine are way stiff. but i would like to try weaker ones myself to see if there is any diff.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts