Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
74,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have local rec. center ready to purchase new backstops for indoor range. Looking for suggestions to which ones work the best for your local club.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Target Butts

Pacific Bow Butts last a long time and are a great value for the $$$$$$$ I cant seem to wear mine out and I shoot into it about everyday!!

·
Registered
240 Posts
They have some of the Stanly Hips (Super bags) where I shoot that work pretty good. There a little rounded on the face and get more so the more there shot but was told when they replaced the inserts they would double them up and help flatten out. Very easy to pull arrows out of. Kinda pricey but might get a better deal buying more than one.
http://www.longhornarchery.com/

·
74,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I know more shoot indoor

Tell me what you use for arrow backstops.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Morrell

The Morrell Range Cube is good.. Its not to heavy and you can pound the center and not get any pass thrus.. Easy storage and portabilty.

F

·
0 Posts
PHONE BOOKS

Arrowhead archery here in tulsa has phone books stacked. Stops them arrows pretty good. May get a little glue on carbons, but it comes off. Seem to last quite awhile.

·
Made in USA
1,720 Posts
I'll vote for morrell,We've tried others @ our range and have gone back to the morrells as they seem to be the most durable

·
Registered
3,705 Posts
Pacific Bow Butts

If you want a range to last and not have to do a lot of upkeep (rotating targets, etc), get Pacific Bow Butts, they can take thousands upon thousands shots before you even need to think about rotating them. Local shop around here has them and they are nice!

·
Registered
425 Posts
We have an order in for PBB. I have been shooting one at home and like it a lot except for the camo Gold Tips seem to get stuck and leaves a residue on them. They are supposed to be super-durable and the price isn't bad either.

·
Registered
445 Posts
The Morrell range cubes are filled with a polyfill. Good stuff, but you do need to turn and compress them..

·
Registered
34,164 Posts
One of the Ranges I shoot at use the range Blocks stacked. Another made their own targets out of the material used to make the block. My clubs indoor range is made of carpet with big sheets of cardboard over the carpet and it works great. The good thing about carpet is you can probably get it for free.

·
Registered
283 Posts
We use the block with carpet hanging in front of it to take away the blunt of the blow. We replace the carpet frequently and rotate the blocks. They are now a year old and still in excellent shape.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts