Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to pick out the best sight for spot shooting. So far I am thinking of buying a copper john ants 3d sight. and a sure loc black eagle 29mm scope. Is this scope better with a dot or the .19 fiber post? Is this a good combination? Is their anything better? Mike

·
Registered
381 Posts
The C/J is a nice sight....most around here use a Sure-Loc. The Black Eagle is top of the line....can't go wrong there....and finally....very few spot shooters use a post...most use a ring or a dot.....good luck.....

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Black Eagle

I have this scope with a .70 diopter and the .19 fiber in it. At 1st I used only the fiber and it was such a small pin to aim with that I put a ring on the lense along with the fiber pin and now I wont trade it for a thing.

Just my 2 cents

Josh

·
Bowhemian
8,295 Posts
Inasmuch as you're going for a Sure-Loc scope, why do you prefer a Copper John sight over a Sure-Loc?

The Black Eagle is indeed a superior scope and one of its most desirable features is it fits right into the octagonal carrier of the Sure-Loc "armored" mounting block, which prevents eventual scope tilt from vibration. In other words the Black Eagle and the Sure-Loc mounting block are made for each other, which makes for a happy marriage.

·
washed up wannabe
12,235 Posts
I am no Freestyle guru, as I just stepped up from BHFS. However, I have been using a True Spot scope for the last few months and I couldn't be happier...no post, no dot, no ring to worry about. Just focus on the X and shoot. The glass quality is fantastic.

As for the sight portion, just about any quality target sight out there is going to get the job done indoors.

·
Registered
7,294 Posts
its far easier to recommend a sight than it is to recommend a scope body/lens/aiming device combination.

what i like and works for me may not be what you or anyone else likes or prefers. there are stick on rings, stick on dots, posts with and without fibers, ground dots with different colors of nail polish, crosshairs, no device whatsoever....each individual needs to find what he likes and what is easiest for them to use.

peep preferences are just as numerous. you may find that sweet setup in the first try, or you may go thru quite a bit of money before you get it right for you.

look at what you want to do, look at whats available and what gives you the greatest combinations within its design so that you minimize r&d costs.

·
Premium Member
20,334 Posts
law651 said:
I am trying to pick out the best sight for spot shooting. So far I am thinking of buying a copper john ants 3d sight. and a sure loc black eagle 29mm scope. Is this scope better with a dot or the .19 fiber post? Is this a good combination? Is their anything better? Mike
There are lots of good scopes on the market....and the one you mentioned is one of the best. I personally use the Specialty D scope.

In my opinion, the Copper John A.N.T.S. Evolution2 is the best target sight...bar none!:wink:

·
Registered
4,477 Posts
Have you looked at the true spot scopes? I gave one a try last year and I haven't looked back. I like being able to focus just on what I am trying to hit and not worring about seeing my dot on different target faces.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts