Archery Talk Forum banner

Inexpensive fletching jig

1804 Views 16 Replies 15 Participants Last post by  PmedicJ
Hello,

I need to replace my old BPE fletching jig.
I understand the Bitz is it, but price is a consideration.... :(

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Registered
447 Posts
id have to say bitz dial o fletch is best and i use one also but i have heard of people using the arizona flethcher and having success depends on how much your gonna use your fletcher and how consistant you want it to be

· Registered
15 Posts
greyling is the way to go,cheap but does a great job.Does r/h or l/h or straight,with exta clamps.$28 from local pro shop

· Registered
8,652 Posts
Bitzenberger

The sooner you buy one, the sooner you can get great results and the sooner you can get out of the arrow rest buying business. If you appreaciate quality, eventually you will own a Bitz. Why not stop the bleeding now?
Jbird

· Registered
2,070 Posts
i too understand money is tight. BUT, if you spend the 70 bucks to get a bitz you wont ever need to replace it like you are having to do now. ;)

just put your quarters in a jar, suck it up and wait little while. its well worth it

· Registered
19,164 Posts
Bitz... are great jigs...

But I'm still using a Jo-Jan; they've worked great for nearly 30 years... and I have no doubt my granddaughter can still use this one when I'm gone...

About $35 for the single version... ;)

· Registered
4,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for the suggestions, guys.

Comments:

My actual BPE is some 20 yrs old, the jig is fine - all I need a new straight clamp. Maybe I can find one.
I only do some 2 dz arrows a year - so wear is very small.

Besides, at my age I really don't know if I will still be able to shoot 10 yrs from now... :(

· Registered
1,338 Posts
BPE Clamps

Jorge,
The BPE clamps are pretty inexpensive. I think they are about $20.00 at the most I will check and let you know. Getting to Brazil is another problem.

Rchr

· Registered
4,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
rchr

You are right - the biggest trouble is finding someone that ships out of the US (and by a reasonable fee)!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.