Archery Talk Forum banner

Info on a Howatt Del Rey?

4724 Views 3 Replies 3 Participants Last post by  Howattman54
I am mainly a Bear collector, but came across a Damon Howatt the other day for a good price. I bought it, but know very little about it. I know it is an original Howatt, not a Martin, or at least I think it is. It is a Del Rey, no holes or screws threaded in it. It has a large opening in the riser for either a sight or something.

Any info would be appreciated.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
22,135 Posts
rr -

A photo or serial number would really help (I can help with a photo, but I've never gotten the serial # thing down.) They were DH's flagship target bows and made in the 60's and 70's (however it was offered in a 62" length for several years as well). They underwent a number of riser modifications over the years, with some of the earlier ones sporting massive amounts of highly scuplted wood(s). They were pretty popular in some areas and shot quite well, but IMHO, not in the same league as the some of the others of that era.

Not sure what you mean by "an openning" in the riser.

Viper1 out.

· Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I will try to get some photos up later tonight. It is a 66", 36 @28". The Serial Number is ELE 2196. It has some real nice wood work, I believe the hole I am refering to, was pre-routed for the Howatt Micro-Sight. It has never been actually installed. At first, I figured the hole was there because a coin of something fell out, like a Bear coin or something. But the more I look into it, I think it was pre-routed for the Howatt Micro-Sight..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.