Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am getting back into bow hunting after a 15 year hiatus. I have purchased everything but a sight. I have researched on the forums, read online articles, read reviews on amazon, bass pro, cabbalas, etc. I want a sight for around $100 or less. All of the info I have looked at has put me in overload. I realize there is no perfect sight and I don't want to get into a ford vs chevy type of conversation. Just need suggestions on sights for a mixture of ground and tree stand hunting. Vertical, horizontal, 1 pin, 3 pins, 5 pins, etc. I have been looking at TR, truglo, extreme archery, PSE. Looking for a sight from BPS since I have a gift card for them.

·
Registered
805 Posts
I've got a 4 pin extreme 1100 and like it, just recently upgraded to the 1200 with micro.

·
Born yank raised south
16,759 Posts
The trophy ridge vertical pin sights are great I love mine and they are available at BPS.

·
Registered
14,338 Posts
My buddy bought the TR Hitman micro 7 and loves it.

·
Registered
897 Posts
i dont have personal experience with these, but i was looking for the exact same thing.
look at the black gold sights. their black gold rush sight is 100 i believe and looks great.
ive been hearing a ton of great things about them and got to looking at them at my local bps.
pins seem to be super bright. check it out!

·
Registered
13,750 Posts
I am getting back into bow hunting after a 15 year hiatus. I have purchased everything but a sight. I have researched on the forums, read online articles, read reviews on amazon, bass pro, cabbalas, etc. I want a sight for around $100 or less. All of the info I have looked at has put me in overload. I realize there is no perfect sight and I don't want to get into a ford vs chevy type of conversation. Just need suggestions on sights for a mixture of ground and tree stand hunting. Vertical, horizontal, 1 pin, 3 pins, 5 pins, etc. I have been looking at TR, truglo, extreme archery, PSE. Looking for a sight from BPS since I have a gift card for them.
they will all work,,, there is little to no need for a toolless head design, because once you get it set your usually through moving them,, unless you going to be changing arrows and or rests a lot...... how many pins, nothing but a personal preferance,, i prefer a 1 pin slider, it gives me a clearer sight picture, and contrary to what some think you do not need to move it every time the range changes, i shot last night from 10 to 40 yards and never moved mine, and it is not a super fast bow but it is a new one for me and i wanted to see what i would get for impact chnage inside any range i would consider a shot,, but thats my choice.... 2-10 pins are available and it doesnt matter which you get as long as you like it,,, the brand really doesnt matter much either,, really hard to find a piece of junk,, although i would stay away from the very cheapest which are most often plastic,, aluminum is strong and carbon fiber is gaining popularity because they are lighter,, still doesnt matter to me.. pin size and clarity is more important i prefer a .010 with good green fiber, which is the easiest color to see under most light conditions, red pins tend to be the first to fade under low light then yellow and then green.... you should be able to find a good quality sight within the 50 - 100$ range and be happy with it.... i have used several brands and have found many in the truglo and cobra line to work very well, vital gear has some in the same range that are nice also, i have not found any from trophy ridge that i really like, and i cant see the reason to spend the money that spott hogg wants, they are very well built but since i have never broken a cheaper one,, just didnt make sense to me

·
Jarhead
1,042 Posts
Check out Tru-glo and their sister brand Apex gear. Both offer a wide range of sights to fit almost any budget.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The Black Gold Rush is really looking like a good sight. I think I may go with it since they are $100.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts