Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I love mine and am wondering what you think of them. This is my first expandable broadhead and I have found them to very accurate and effective. Have you had any problems or concerns with them? I shot three deer with them last year from 7 yards to 32 yards and two went less than 40 yards....one only ten feet, one 40 yards and one that I hit below my stand (liver shot) went about 150 yards. He was spooked and I obviously didnt make the best shot. I find the close shots (right under me) to be more difficult than 20 to 30 yard shots. Your experience???

·
Registered
3,074 Posts
I've only used fixed blades on deer, but I used the EXP's on turkey this past season and it was absolutely devastating! After seeing what it did, I don't think I would have a problem putting one through a deer at all. Yours are the first results with a deer (other than on their website) I've heard and after seeing the damage it did to my turkey it doesn't surprise me. I love the clip-loc design, which is the whole reason I decided to try them.

Could you give me a little more info on your deer results?

How many were pass thru's?
What cutting diameter did you have them set on each deer?
What's your arrow weight and draw weight (or, if you know, your KE)?

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Snood

The reason I went with the Innerloc brand is largely to do with no rubber bands. I love the clip lock design. So far I cant find anything wrong with them. Thank you guys for your input.

·
Registered
3,074 Posts
bowhunter0916,

Maybe you didn't see them or thought they were part of my sig, (or maybe you just didn't want to answer them :teeth: ), but if you have any info, can you answer some of those questions above? Just curious...thanks.

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sorry Snood

I skimmed over the questions because I thought they were part of the sig and after reading so many I seem to tune them out.
I shoot a 390 grain arrow at 283 fps out of my 70lb SB. ACC's are cut to 28" with Blazers. Last year I shot three, all with pass through shots. One was right under me, The furthest was 32 yards I think. I used the lesser cutting diameter...1 7/16 I think. Our deer here are small. I have to mention that because the 8 point that I shot last year was 125 lbs or so. I also shot a hog with a pass through. He was no more than 150 lbs. I hope I answered all of your questions. Pm me if I missed any.

·
Registered
3,074 Posts
Hey, thanks for commin' back with that. I was just curious because the clips seem so stiff that some folks are afraid that they won't give you a pass through, but I know I didn't have a problem getting through a turkey with them with a 420 grain arrow at 288 fps. Once the blade moves over the "hump" it opens really easily and reliably.

Again, thanks!

·
eyes and arrows
3,682 Posts
bear, and deer

i shot a bear at 25 this spring. went through him so fast that i thaught i missed. died in 30 yards. shot a deer last year (bad shot) but it was a pass through as well. died in about 150. had them at the large diameter cutting area.

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I had the same concerns

There is group of us here out of Jacksonville, FL that travel to another city in Florida for an archery only hunt annually. We compare bows, arrows, equipment, wallet size and wee wee's...you get the picture? We compare everything thanks to my buddy Freddy anyway. Not really compare as much as here about his. So last year I pull in camp with my new Dodge truck (only to be outdone by three other new Dodge trucks that are more macked out than mine) with these new BH's. Everyone is passing them around and they think these things are way to hard to open. "You will never get this thing to go through a deer they say". I was one of the few of us to shoot a deer last year and it was a pass through. In fact the shot was not great but there were three blades opened on impact, and did lots of damage on its way through. That deer didnt go far, but since it was a cold day in Florida (which doesnt happen often) I let him be til the next morn when I found him and found the damage done to him. I am impressed with these Innerloc BH's. They fly great and create lots of damage. What else can you ask for?
I called Innerloc about how I was picked on by my buddys and was told to relax... they open with seven pounds of pressure and that something as simple as a piece of cardboard would open them on every shot. Hide is a lot thicker than cardboard. I was very impressed with thier product as well as thier customer service.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts