1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Vendor
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
13,130 Posts
Thanks for the post and the review. I've seen so many ads for these, but this is the first review or experience I have read. Did you do any long range flight testing? I wonder how much better it flies with the plastic bubble vs without it. It seems like it would fly pretty well in the open position anyway, and have a better opening hole.

·
Vendor
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We didn't do any long distance shooting yet. When we do we will let ya know how they did. I'm assuming they'll fly good. As far as shooting them open, that would kind of defeat the design of the broadhead IMO; might as well go fixed blade?

·
Registered
13,130 Posts
We didn't do any long distance shooting yet. When we do we will let ya know how they did. I'm assuming they'll fly good. As far as shooting them open, that would kind of defeat the design of the broadhead IMO; might as well go fixed blade?
Yeah, I get it. But it doesn't open large enough or quick enough to really be a great mech; seems it's kind of caught in no man's land. If it opened quicker and larger, it could be appealing. Just my thoughts.

·
Vendor
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If it opens sooner it would probably affect the penetration though. It acts like a swhacker the way it's set up but with a three bladed, 1 1/4 inch cut.

·
Registered
3,659 Posts
Head design looks pretty good, but I can't get over the plastic housing. Just don't trust it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Vendor
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That's why we did the angle test. I like a bigger cut than 1 1/4 but I could see me choosing it on windy days.

·
Registered
3,437 Posts
I think these would be great for antelope/muleys etc, where long shots in the wind are common. Thanks for the write-up, might have to get some to try, cutting edge design, wouldn't be surprised if we see more of this type of system in the future.

·
Registered
399 Posts
I love these heads. It always comes down to accuracy, shot placement. These things take no tuning to fly with pinpoint accuracy to field points. If field points are bang on so are these. My only negative was spot and stalk with a poplars in the way the lip of the plastic cap tried hooking branches.

Broadside kill any north American game to 60yds with +270fps. All day long.

·
Registered
3,437 Posts
Were you able the harvest any animals with these yet RDH ? I'm looking for an excuse to order some. ;)

·
Vendor
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Click on my review. We're 2 for 2 with them.

·
Registered
3,437 Posts
I did Kiln, the hard angle shot penetration was impressive. Just curious to see if any other members had more reports. I'm going to get some to try. Thanks again for the review.

·
Registered
3,437 Posts
I got some in to try, will see if I get out after the orange army is done. They are not big, but all steel, look good, should be able to go through anything with an average setup. I'd like a little bigger cut actually.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts