Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm generally new to the sport. I am shooting a Compound Buckmasters bought at Dick's Sporting Goods. It was a great birthday present but now I want to enter shooting competitions and I know I need a better bow. So I need input on accurate bows with decent speed. I'm a girl and I know that my draw length is around 26in. Recurve or compound. (Arrows suggestions would also be helpful)
Thank you!

· Registered
22,962 Posts
What kind of competition are you planning on shooting? Indoor ,outdoors both? Recurve is harder to shoot as you have to hold the full weight that you pull as with the compound most have up to 80% let off. starting out you could stay with the bow you have now and up grade your sight, rest, arrows, use a peep if not all ready and find a person with knowledge of archery to help you with learning the proper form which is the most important part of archery.

· Registered
1,085 Posts
I believe the PSE chaos series is perfect for females. Good performance and low poundage and draw lengths. Also, they have a pink or pink/black bow that I have seen a few girls shooting. Priced right around $300, so pretty affordable for a great bow. Just my .02.

· Registered
784 Posts
If you want to be competitive I would find out where a pro shop is close by and they will be able to set you up correctly with everything you need. Sorry to Dicks but i wouldnt trust them with a bow that you want to shoot competitively with.

· Registered
344 Posts
Welcome to the archery sport!

I would go around and find out what kind of competition I want to get into exactly first.

And then see if Buckmaster is a good fit for that competition (excellent choice, by the way).

Shopping around is not bad at all, but buying new gear never makes better archers.

Most seasoned archers pick their gear very carefully and always try to be fully immersed with the use of their equipement.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.