Archery Talk Forum banner

Insane results!

1662 19
Made a post the other day about polish for a Stan Heavy metal that was heavily tarnished looking. Well...I wanted to post the before and after results. I ordered Simichrome polish from Amazon and I must say this stuff is absolutely incredible. I spent about 5-10 minutes on this release and these are the results. Apply small dab on a q-tip, smear around on the body of the release, let sit for a minute or two and scrub off with a microfiber rag. Highly reccomend if you're needing to clean up an old release. Here are the results....
Hand Revolver Finger Recipe Wood

Hand Finger Thumb Nail Electric blue

Bicycle part Wood Revolver Tool Font

Silver Nickel Metal Fashion accessory Tool
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,612 Posts
I only did the finger groves because I rather not have a shiny hunting release. The tarnish was becoming too grippy on my fingers and the release wasn't rotating and firing nicely like my other hbc.

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
I was actually thinking about going the other way with my heavy metal Perfex and having a firearms coating person I know do a matte finish on it for me. I don't like shiny hunting gear. I just don't know what color I'd want. Something that won't be too crazy colored, but something I won't lose on the forest floor if I drop it.

Reactions: cdog5

·
Registered
396 Posts
I was actually thinking about going the other way with my heavy metal Perfex and having a firearms coating person I know do a matte finish on it for me. I don't like shiny hunting gear. I just don't know what color I'd want. Something that won't be too crazy colored, but something I won't lose on the forest floor if I drop it.
Do a little research on forced patina for brass or bronze. There are some pretty cool options out there.

·
Back Yard Champion
35,397 Posts
Hey, just a dab is all you need - Try just dab on tip of your finger. I polished my 1972 Harley Sportster (last year of the Chrome leggers - front forks). Got done and looked like I had chrome plated everything, cases, center hubs of wheels, rims, spokes.

Brasso works too. Corn cob material for cleaning firearms cases - 2 spoon fulls for the hopper - turn on cleaner and let mix well.

Here's tube something of 40+ years old and still works like new. Price at end of Polish - $5.99. Made in Germany and imported by Compentition Chemicals, Inc. Iowa Fall, Iowa.

Hand Finger Wood Thumb Font

·
Back Yard Champion
35,397 Posts
Give it a shot, it's worth the time and money! Works on virtually any metal. I'd love to see the results on some tarnished brass
Brass will look like gold. Silver like chrome. I've used it since....1969. I worked part time at motorcycle shop. We sold bunches of Simichrome.

·
Back Yard Champion
35,397 Posts
My first time using it but the stuff is amazing, I couldn't believe it lol
Did a rush job. Dab for the shell and a dab for the silver ring. Used paper napkin to buff.

Tableware Drinkware Cup Wood Serveware
Musical instrument Wood Tool Font Metal
Font Auto part Rectangle Magenta Metal

·
Back Yard Champion
35,397 Posts
deleted post

·
Back Yard Champion
35,397 Posts
deleted post