Archery Talk Forum banner

Insert glue for Easton ACC arrow?

4622 Views 10 Replies 10 Participants Last post by  LtlRushnArchr30
What glue do you use for the insert on an ACC arrow?

I have used powerbond in the past but it sets up in the bottle when you have it on the shelf for a while(after opened)

I used to use hot melt back in the day on aluminum arrows, but I am kind of hesitant to use the heat on carbon

I have read that alot of you guys are using Gorilla Super glue or Loctite Ultra Gel with good luck. From what I understand these two types have a rubberized quality to stand up to impacts. Will these glues work on the aluminum to aluminum contact?
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
1,136 Posts
I just use the hot melt that comes with the inserts, I've never lost an insert. I don't apply the heat to the shaft only the insert and glue.

· Registered
2,201 Posts
Easton now supplies a hot glue stick with the A/C/C's but I recommend using Epoxy. The longer set time Epoxy glues are always better then faster ones.

· Registered
6,795 Posts
This is the way I was told to do it.

Melt the glue as low a temp. as possible.

get a good bead on the insert base.

heat until it melts

insert into shaft.

reheat if it stops going in

push rest of way in

let cool

just pull the excess glue off.

· Registered
1,612 Posts
My favorite glue for all arrow needs is GOAT TUFF!!!

· Registered
6,681 Posts
Low temp hot melt. Easton even includes a small stick with ACC arrow points and probably the inserts as well. Never lost a point in over 10+ years shooting ACC's, Navigators, X10's and ACE's using the Easton low temp hot melt -- including the occasional shot into 2x4's, trees, plywood, and through rubber conveyor belting.

>>------>

· Registered
2,855 Posts
I've only use hot melt for inserts or PDP type points for all carbon and carbon/aliminum arrows. Been doing so for 10+ years and never had any problems at all. As long as you control the heat and don't overdue it there isn't anything to worry about.

I don't like using any type of epoxy because you can't remove inserts or points after the epoxy sets without damaging a carbon arrow.

· Sika Deer Obsessed!
1,927 Posts
I use one of those blazer torches from Lancaster Archery, works great. Apple also makes a arrow insert tool that screws into the insert. This lets you heat the insert without burning your hands, pliers will work also.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.