Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you really need the "special" insert glue, or will Superglue/Gorilla glue work. I only need to glue one nock, and really don't want to spend $8.99 for the little tube my bow shop sells.

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
I just pick me up some Gorilla brand superglue and I think it works just as well as the others

·
Independent Joe
5,224 Posts
2 part apoxy $3 from wal-mart. I like the 24 hour cure kind.

·
Registered
7,294 Posts
unless you're using the 'old fashioned' swaged cone nocks, you shouldnt need to glue the nock in. i would carefully look the nock end over for a crack. if you cannot find a defect, get a new nock.

can you use any old superglue? sure can. there are some formulations that are a bit more applicable to archery than others. some have a flexibility component in their formula. some are more for 'high impact' applications. just go to the local model airplane store and show em what you'll be using it for and the guy should know what formula will work best for ya.

for fletching, gorilla brand super-glue and loc-tite gel work plenty fine. i've been using a glue called 'bond-wel'. it's a liquid and works excellant for fletching...it's just pricey. bondini bond everything gel was another forum favorite.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts