Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a dozen Cabelas Stalker Extreme Arrows (65/80). A dozen inserts came with them and out of these there were three inserts that would not receive the same fieldpoint that the rest were, which is very frustrating. has anyone else had this problem, and if so can you recommend a comparable arrow for me to start buying. Thanks

·
Registered
5,919 Posts
You may have gotten a little glue/epoxy in the insert. I did that with a couple arrows of the last 4 dozen I've inserted. I was able to work the tips in and out until they did actually seat in. You may try that. I actually have a couple dozen of these arrows, and have been very pleased with there durability, and straightness.

·
NiteShiftUnderground
257 Posts
If you got glue in the threads go & get an 8-32 tap and chase them out. Way faster than forcing tips in & out til 'they go because they will cut the glue out instead of displacing it. They only cost a couple bucks and will last forever if just used to remove glue.

Good Luck!

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
Heat a field point and screw it in. Most times it will work through any glue in the threads. The inserts are Beman ICS inserts and are available on line or in
archery shops. Good luck.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts