Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
need some help. the inserts on the carbon arrow I have made up are all pulling out after a few shots. I am using fast fletch adhesive, which is a new bottle bought this month. I cut my own arrows and I use alcohol on a q-tip to clean them before installing the insert. How much adhesive do I put on the inserts on installation? Do I cover the whole insert, just around the top? I am unsure what the answer is? could my adhesive be bad? Can I get new inserts and redo them or will the residue inside the shaft cause I problem? thank for any help

·
Registered
606 Posts
I clean out the end of the shaft with denatured alcohol & then use either Gorilla Glue or a 2 part epoxy. I usually put a small amount on opposite sides of the insert, push it in, & then spin it around. Seems to work for me.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I also use gorilla glue or a thin coat of liquid nails. Both work well, but the set time on the liquid nails is longer. Gorilla glue will be what I use from here on out.

·
Registered
527 Posts
at the archery store I work at all we use uis goat tuff, it's so strong that when you get it on your fingers and you try to peal it off, layers of skin come with it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts