Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I'm new here. To tell you a little about myself, I'm a 26 yr old female living in upstate new york. I typically like to shoot recurve bows. I love competing in competitions but honestly haven't had a chance to get involved in any in a few years - been super busy with work.

Anywaaay, my boyfrind got this bow from a friend as a gift and neither of us shoot compound bows. He had the full intention of getting into it, but with his work schedule and our kid, it just hasn't happened yet. We've had it stored in our rack in the spare bedroom with my recurves for the last couple of years, just collecting dust. I'd like to try to sell it if it's worth anything or at least donate it somewhere so someone can get some use out of it. I hate seeing it not being used. The problem lies in the fact that neither of us know much about compound bows.

So I'm coming to you! Can anyone tell me about this bow? Is it worth anything? Or does anyone know of any place in new York that accepts donated archery equipment? Just trying to get some insight before we decide what to do with it. Ideally, I would like to get something out of it as my boyfriend works construction and this time of year the work dries up a bit for him. It would at least help with some bills or groceries if it's worth anything at all.

Based on the markings on the bow (and hopefully this forum allows pictures? And if so, please let me know if you want pictures of any other angles), it is a Martin brand. A MOAB Prohunter. Weight is 55-70#. Truly not sure of much else....

Hoping you guys can help me out.

Thanks so much in advance!!

Attachments

·
The Impartial Archer
18,798 Posts
Look on ebay for similar models......

·
Registered
44 Posts
Some do sell it for $200 up if it's in great condition. I believe there is a thread here where a similar one is sold at $300 free shipping.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Okay, thano you all for your insight. I think I'll post it up for $100 and see if anyone bites or makes me an offer. Thanks again!

·
Shootingairborne
10,599 Posts
Welcome to Archery Talk. If you are selling and mailing it. Just be aware shipping can be any where from $20-40. Depending on where it is shipped to.

Good luck

·
Registered
2,739 Posts
Didn't Martin burn down a year or so ago?

·
Registered
24,124 Posts
Used compound bows retain their value like used tires.....no matter if they look pretty good they are worth a fraction of the original cost.....sad to say. Buyers in the used market make out in this economy, but those who prefer paying new prices for bright and shiny take a big hit when they look to sell.

·
Registered
11,968 Posts
Didn't Martin burn down a year or so ago?
They did have a major fire. Since then they've changed hands at least once. Now being made up in Michigan I believe.

Check the report from the ATA show. They had a booth there. Hope they get it turned around. One of archery's great names.

·
Registered
11,968 Posts
You might try going to the Martin forum under the Brands forum here on AT. Might find a buyer there.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts