Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think I understand how to install the rest at the center point of the bow, what about center point along the string? Should it be set so that the arrow nock is as close as possible to being in the middle along the string, half way between the cams?

·
Registered
5,550 Posts
Should it be set so that the arrow nock is as close as possible to being in the middle along the string, half way between the cams?
That is quite impossible since the center between the cams is more inline with the grip. Where you put your nock at is going to depend on what type of shooting you do , fingers or release. Usually for fingers you start out that the bottom of the arrow by the string is approximately 1/8 inch high of 90 degrees to your rest. For release it can be at a 90 to the rest. Now remember these are just starting measurements then you will have to tune it to get the final setting for your setup which could vary .

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
OK, so when installing the rest, I make sure that it is centered properly right to left, and not worry too much about where it is set up and down. Nock an arrow and get it 90 degrees to the string (compound/release), place my temporary nock and then start paper tuning and making fine adjustments.

·
Registered
5,550 Posts
You want to set the rest so that your arrow is inline with the berger button hole which is the hole that your rest is attached to . Then set your nock height. you don't want your arrow when the rest is up (dropaway rest) to be setting higher than the berger button hole.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You want to set the rest so that your arrow is inline with the berger button hole which is the hole that your rest is attached to . Then set your nock height. you don't want your arrow when the rest is up (dropaway rest) to be setting higher than the berger button hole.
Thanks! That is the information I was missing.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts