Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i would like to know what are your prefered methods and techniques for installing fur string silencers on a flemish string. install in twist of string? install with a little serving material? i just finished a new bow and will be installing some beaver hide silencers, i like the traditional lokk of them. pictures would be great.

dave

·
Registered
69 Posts
Hi Dave,

If you have a look at the 3rivers website they have a lot of helpful videos posted on there youtube channel and one of them is showing how to install the silencers you mention.

·
Registered
2,173 Posts
That is a good reference but here is another - cat whisker were found (by TBM Magazine) to be the most effective at noise reduction on trad bows. There is no reason to spend 4.50 on fur when you get 3 sets of whiskers for that - plus they are added weight - I too have fur and will switch when I run out - thought that the fur looked better. The looks hamper the performance of your bow - that's what TBM says anyway. (unless I can't read, which has happened before)

·
Registered
3,188 Posts
That is a good reference but here is another - cat whisker were found (by TBM Magazine) to be the most effective at noise reduction on trad bows. There is no reason to spend 4.50 on fur when you get 3 sets of whiskers for that - plus they are added weight - I too have fur and will switch when I run out - thought that the fur looked better. The looks hamper the performance of your bow - that's what TBM says anyway. (unless I can't read, which has happened before)
I like fur but I loves my rubbers. :D

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i did go to three rivers and watch the video. i looks simple and i do want to stay with the fur silencers. they may slow the string down a bit but thats ok with me. i haven't used the cat whiskers since i gave up the training wheels on my bows. a well placed arrow in the boiler room is better than 300 fps in a stump.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts