Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I got a Hoyt rx1 turbo and ordered a new set of strings and installed them this morning. On my other strings my axle to axle was on at 32” and pounds was maxed out at 72. After installing these new ones my axle 2 axle is 32 1/4 and my pounds only max out at 68. I know I need to add or takeaway twist somewhere but didn’t know exactly where. Any help would be appreciated

·
Registered
11,782 Posts
Doesn’t it say to add twist to the yoke ends only? Should have been a tag on the bow when you got it. Normally you would work the buss at the non yoke end but I think with the new system you can’t.

Those have helped me with older Hoyt’s but some will be different with new bow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
859 Posts
Add twist to your cables
Then check your draw length (hopefully you know exactly what it was) then twist the draw string.
I always recommend when your changing out strings that you mark the wheels so you know approx. where you had them timed out at also.

·
Registered
8,070 Posts
I would take the new strings off (starting with the Buss cable and Buss yoke) and check their length against the factory strings. If they're significantly different, then I'd be contacting the string maker rather than adding a bunch of twists to the BUSS cable. (which Hoyt cautions against due to the the design of the lower yoke on ZT cam system)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts