Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
1,786 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any one yried shooting instinctive, no front sight, but with peep as back reference point.

·
Registered
5,455 Posts
If you shoot fingers, what good would it do you?:confused: I have shot instinctive for 13 years and never thought about adding a peep.:) I tried a sight once, but shot better without it. I kept trying to look around it. It was in my way of aiming!:D

·
Registered
937 Posts
instinctive

i have shot instinctive for 20 years <im only 23> and i have never thought about putting something on the string as a reference and if im not mistaken, i probably am, i dont think you can use anything for a reference point on the string.

dj

·
Registered
5,455 Posts
To compete in any "bare bow" class, as far as I have ever seen or heard, you cannot have ANYTHING on your riser or string to facilitate you with aiming. If you do, you will be in the next class up, that shoots fingers with sights.:)

·
Banned
1,786 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No Peep

I have done what you guys have. I recently took off my sight and just for a lark looked thru my peep at full draw and could see my arrow tip, then it came to me ask if any one has.....I have never tried it yet.......for hunting it might be a help, I do not know, just a thought. I saw a new article in Fur Fish& Game about anchoring above your lip beside your nose there for you can see the back of your arrow nock to line it up with your point......that way you are deadly(according to the author) out to 25 yards.....with no sights...any one heard of that?

·
Registered
5,455 Posts
Toxo, I shoot 3", 6 arrow groups at 20yds and knock with one up and one down with the top in the corner of my mouth. NO sights.:D I have played with shooting where I could see the arrow (both ends), but it made me shoot worse. The tip is all I need for L&R, the rest is naturall.;)

·
Registered
628 Posts
I shot with my anchor point right below my eye for 7 years.... instinctive, two fingers under, no peep/sight/etc... SImply used the arrow shaft to guide me left and right and the sight window to determine up/down.

I took many (7 or 8) that way then had a bad season where I shot three deer and only tagged one of them. After that, I switched to sights because I had lost all confidence in my ability to make a clean kill shot.

·
Banned
1,786 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks Guys

Good information........I am going to try different things.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts