Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 190 Posts

·
Registered
2,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am a bow fanatic and I would love to know what everyone started out with. Most of us have at least a few days until season opens, so let's stroll down memory lane. Mine was a Pearson Spoiler with speed cams with 90# limbs. The year was 1996. I still have that bow hanging on my wall.

·
DCAP
1,194 Posts
Mine was a Browning Kodiak Magnum recurve. About 1967 or so as well as I can recall. Loaned it to my brother who moved to Arizona and never saw it again.

·
id rather be hunting
1,480 Posts
The first bow I bought was in 1999 I think. Fread bear quest. Don't have a clue about any of the specs. Never hunted with it though.

·
Registered
7,405 Posts
My first bow was a York self bow. 30lbs. $11 at the hardware store, about 2dz muskrat hides.

No cams, no cables. shot arrows made of wood, fletched, no kidding, with feathers.

·
Registered
713 Posts
Mine was a Bear Whitetail Hunter. It was set at 50lbs. Shot Easton game getter arrows. I shot the heck out of that bow. Had great fun with it.

·
Beer Whisperer
11,079 Posts
1974-75 Jennings Model T.

·
Registered
4,336 Posts
bear whitetail II great bow borrowed it to a friend and he dry fired it.. grrr

·
Registered
2,620 Posts
PSE Precision Edge 1000C. Got it as a hand me down in about 1996 or 97. Still have it in the garage.

·
Registered
286 Posts
45 lb Ben Pearson recurve in 2000

·
Registered
70 Posts
Bear Flare II, Bought it from a friends father when i was in high school, took it hunting a few times never shot anything but the tail off of a Squriel.

1 - 20 of 190 Posts