Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://media.www.thecampuspress.com...In.Alleged.Drunken.Raccoon.Hunt-3362290.shtml

----------

Students arrested in alleged drunken raccoon hunt
Police say pair found with bow and arrows
By: Sam Dieter
Posted: 5/2/08
Two students were arrested Wednesday morning after allegedly going hunting for raccoons on campus.

The students were found by CU police officers at about 2:50 a.m. at the northeast corner of the chemistry building. Senior mechanical engineering major Jared Leidich, 22, and fifth-year senior civil engineering major Wesley Ashwood, 24, were arrested for possessing a deadly weapon on university property.

The two were, "literally, like hiding behind bushes and things like that," said CUPD commander Tim McGraw.

According to the police report, Leidich and Ashwood were "visibly intoxicated," and one of them was carrying a silver can. They also had a camouflage nylon case with them.

Leidich allegedly said that the nylon case was his and gave officers his consent to search it. Inside the case, the officers found a compound hunting bow, six arrows, four of which had sharp tips, and three unopened beers. Officers took the weapons and were unable to find a serial number on the bow.

Leidich and Ashwood were booked into the Boulder County Jail, and released on bond on Wednesday.

Both Leidich and Ashwood declined to comment.

Contact Campus Press Staff Writer Sam Dieter at [email protected]. © Copyright 2008 Campus Press

·
Registered
4,586 Posts
Like Ron White said, "You can't fix stupid."

·
Team #12 - 2009 Winners!!
10,149 Posts
anther guy posted this a while ago, some kids just dont learn

·
Registered
7,294 Posts
smarter people do dumber things

·
Banned
1,074 Posts
So you all agree with this? I read that and the bow was CASED. Drinking in public is one thing but the bow was in its case. The 2nd Amendment is clear and apparently so damaged that people think the police confiscating property like that bow is acceptable. The bow was in a case so when was this "**** HUNT"

·
Registered
790 Posts
So you all agree with this? I read that and the bow was CASED. Drinking in public is one thing but the bow was in its case. The 2nd Amendment is clear and apparently so damaged that people think the police confiscating property like that bow is acceptable. The bow was in a case so when was this "**** HUNT"
You don't qute get it either, do you? The university where this took place is clear in its rules, there will be no weapons of any kind allowed on the campus property. Whether the bow was cased or not is beside the point. Whether they were "hunting ****" or not is beside the point. The bow was in their possesion. It is deemed a weapon. It is illegal to have weapons on campus. The pair were visibly intoxicated. Oh duh!

·
Banned
417 Posts
Man - I do miss the days when we took our own rifles to school for hunters safety. No check points, etc (and this was in what is now called middle school, I believe). Maybe that had something to do with the fact the adults - parents, teachers or any other adult in the area, could light your a-- up if you were getting out of line. So by the time we went to college, many made wiser decisions. Miss those days. And yes, I received a couple of "alignments", I survived.

·
Registered
238 Posts
good old days

So yes there were wrong for having it there. Guess the should of pick a different colleage! And I as well feel about the 2nd admen. as that guy does above, yet they had rules to follow and that was there place to follow. Either way they should of at least wasted to "hunt" till after they got of school property. And maybe told this rent-a-cop that it was a class project?!.....:darkbeer::darkbeer::darkbeer: :darkbeer:.......:wink: .. So are the times we live in.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts