Archery Talk Forum banner

Invasion and FOB'S anyone?

721 8
Just curious if anyone is shooting FOB's out of their invasion. If so what rest are you going with? Never used them but I am going to try them out of my invasion with a ripcord. Any problems encountered or setup advice?
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
399 Posts
I finally got my G5 hammer to shoot fobs w/o them exploding when they hit the ripcord. Took about a week of screwing around. All I can say is make sure your cam timing is in spec and your ATA measurement is spot on according to your manual. My problem was downward nock travel immediately after the arrow left the string. Caused the fobs to hit the rest and explode, my bow hand absorbed most of the fob fragments -- OUCH!

· Registered
4,627 Posts
Tie the cord even with the bottom of your grip It will get out of the way in time this way, and keep your arrow at 90 degrees to the string when you set it up as long as you have the clearance with the tester check per directions you will be fine.

· Registered
177 Posts
don't know how this bow compares to a razor edge but on a friends razor edge we had to go with limbdriver to get the fobs to shoot without contact. tried a new qad ld and couldn't get the timing right no matter where we ted cable in. Went to limbdriver tied to upper limb- no fob contact and excellent accuracy.

· Registered
55 Posts
Here's a vid we did with my Bowtech Invasion CPX, StarrFlight F.O.B.'s and a Code Red Ripcord Arrow Rest. No contact, perfect flight!

Jerry Reeves of Rednek Booda Outdoors in Kerens, TX is the guy that setup my bow and ensured the timing was good. We shot bullet holes with paper testing. With good timing, my F.O.B.'s are flying perfect in this setup!

· The Buck Drops Here
5,932 Posts
I shoot them with my invasion and a QAD HD and they work great. Jerry's video has them using them with the code red, no problems. You should be good.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.