Archery Talk Forum banner

Invasion timing?

1237 Views 20 Replies 11 Participants Last post by  seahawkblitz
After shooting my new Invasion for awhile I noticed that the timing appeared to be off. the cables were clearly outside the 2 dots on the cam. I took it to the shop tonight and after messing with it for 2 hrs they gave it back to me and said the bow is in time, the cables don't need to go through the dots, they just have to be close and both be in the same relationship to the dots. It seems to shoot ok, should I worry about this or just keep shooting it. The cables are not between the dots, but they were not perfect on any of the invasions hanging on the rack, they showed me three brand new ones that according to the dots are out of time.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

· Registered
15,696 Posts
the draw stop pegs should hit top and bottom at the same time when coming to full draw. Other than that they can be under or overrotated it is just factory standard to get them between the 2 dots for theoretical best perforomance.

· Registered
1,897 Posts
try to get in contact with Ken AKA baldyhunter.
he will put you right on setting these up.

· Registered
3,426 Posts
After shooting my new Invasion for awhile I noticed that the timing appeared to be off. the cables were clearly outside the 2 dots on the cam. I took it to the shop tonight and after messing with it for 2 hrs they gave it back to me and said the bow is in time, the cables don't need to go through the dots, they just have to be close and both be in the same relationship to the dots. It seems to shoot ok, should I worry about this or just keep shooting it. The cables are not between the dots, but they were not perfect on any of the invasions hanging on the rack, they showed me three brand new ones that according to the dots are out of time.
Tehy do not have to be...but for best performance they need to be between the dots and timed at full draw. This usually means the bottom cable centered and the top cable almost touching the string side dot. This is where this bow shows the best draw curves and where they are intended to be shot at. I can verify that they do perform best there.
Ken

· Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the advice, but I am not capable of making these adjustments myself, and the dealer I bought the bow at seemed to struggle with it too. (3 different guys and over 2hrs of playing around). Plus they are pretty good guys so far and I don't want to become a pain in the rear for them. Any suggestions.

· Registered
17,332 Posts
Man, it would seem that your "Dealer" lacks the knowledge to be running a Shop ?!? LOL!!! I mean, seriously, tuning up a simple split harness rig should take only minutes for anyone with even a little practice! Honestly, my 10 and 11 year old sons can press and time bows!!! LOL!

· Registered
4,214 Posts
They said it's harder because the binary cams are tied together, and when they adjust one it would mess up the other.
It takes a little while to get one right but it's not that hard. This is why people need a press and drawboard. So they can learn to tune thier own bows. There's way too many dealers who either lack the knowledge or simply don't care enought to do it right.

· Registered
202 Posts
Had the same problem with mine, it was between the dots and about 200 shots later it was out of time according to the dots. A quick visit to my dealer had it back in time according to the dots and shooting again. I really think that when the strings are stretched out that the timing changes on these bows. No problems since and i have put more arrows down range than before it went out of time.

· Registered
2,704 Posts
option 1 build or buy a press and a draw board
option 2 find a dealer who knows what he's doing
I went for option 1 saves time money and frustration there are enough knowledgable people on here to teach a monkey how to tune thier bow

· Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well, I don't have a space for any equipment like that, and thee are not many dealers around, so I'm kinda stuck on both of those. And these guys are probably the best one I've been to around here, at the very least they put out a great deal of effort to try and get it right.

· Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
also seems kinda crazy to go buy a bunch of equipment i don't know how to use and hope somebody leads me in the right direction. Isn't it more likely that i will do more harm than good?

· Registered
1,897 Posts
also seems kinda crazy to go buy a bunch of equipment i don't know how to use and hope somebody leads me in the right direction. Isn't it more likely that i will do more harm than good?
Seriously. if you are having problems why not send it to ken get a custom set of strings, and get it tuned to perfection.
sure its gonna cost you a few bucks but what the hell lifes to short and you cant take it with you.
for me a well sorted bow os worth the extra bucks,

· Registered
1,897 Posts
course it is, and ken AKA baldyhunter is a real good guy to deal with, if he says he will do it consider it done.

· Registered
2,474 Posts
Thanks for the advice, but I am not capable of making these adjustments myself, and the dealer I bought the bow at seemed to struggle with it too. (3 different guys and over 2hrs of playing around). Plus they are pretty good guys so far and I don't want to become a pain in the rear for them. Any suggestions.
If it take 3 guys and 2hrs the check the timing ,You are definatley in the wrong place.

· Registered
3,191 Posts
i had mine timed and shooting bullet holes in 20 mins flat, thats with tying tied nocks d-loop, and slip knots top and bottom of peep, these invasions are pretty impresive my chrony is almost perfect and at 62 lbs with 30 draw and a 340 grain fatboy its blowing through their at 318 fps.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.