Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I HAD A FRIEND CALL ME LAST NIGHT WANTING ME TO PUT IN FOR A MUZZLELOADER TAG FOR AN IOWA HUNT IN JANUARY.JUST LIKE SOME INFO FROM YOU GUYS ,HOW HARD IS IT TO DRAW A MUZZLELOADER TAG AND IS IT GOOD HUNTING THAT TIME OF THE YEAR HE JUST GOT A LEASE AND HAS NOT DEER HUNTED IT AND THE LOCATION IS IN THE SOUTHEAST ANY INFO AND INPUT WOULD BE HELPFUL :wink:

·
State With Little Bucks
12,113 Posts
I HAD A FRIEND CALL ME LAST NIGHT WANTING ME TO PUT IN FOR A MUZZLELOADER TAG FOR AN IOWA HUNT IN JANUARY.JUST LIKE SOME INFO FROM YOU GUYS ,HOW HARD IS IT TO DRAW A MUZZLELOADER TAG AND IS IT GOOD HUNTING THAT TIME OF THE YEAR HE JUST GOT A LEASE AND HAS NOT DEER HUNTED IT AND THE LOCATION IS IN THE SOUTHEAST ANY INFO AND INPUT WOULD BE HELPFUL :wink:
Last 10 days it can be hard finding a good buck..
There are some Zones "Countys" that you only need 1 perf points but they are Doe only.
I think you will still need 2 perf points so you are looking at lease 2 years.

As for good hunting that time of the year...... :)

·
Registered
28,624 Posts
Hunting January will vary from year to year. A cold hard winter will have them yarded up, and they won’t move much (lots of eyes and noses to bust you). You must find active feeding areas. If you are hunting property where they are not yarded up you are in for some long hard hunts. If the weather is mild then they might not yard up and hunting will be feeding and bedding ambush spots, as the best bet. Good luck

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.