Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
814 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
wondering what would be my best option, i have 2 preference pts in iowa and i definitely want to hunt there this year , any reccommendations on the best zone that i would definitely draw with 2 pts, wanted zone 9 but may not get it, my dad and i are going to hunt there this year for the first time!!!

thanks!!!!

·
Liv4Rut
7,281 Posts
Southern Iowa would be my choice. I have seen quite a few pigs down there during bow season. There is tons of public, just do your research.

·
Registered
11,220 Posts
state Forest in S. central or Loess hills in far western Iowa. Excellent. Actually, all the state forests seem to be good Archery. I'm not sure of Zones as I just Bowhunt & a res.. good Luck..

·
Banned
294 Posts
Zone 5. Awesome amounts of public land. I also believe that 2 points will get you any zone you want. 600 bucks and 60 buck preference points will thin the numbers in a hurry.

·
Banned
1,007 Posts
I would try the far south east region great public land and fewer hunters and some giants in the loews hills area ,getting on private is alot easier in this area as well ,south west would be number 2 try Van Buren couty lots of monster deer, but even more hunters and very hard to get in on private, north east has some good deer mostly in the 120-150 tons of hunters lots of public but probably the most pressure in iowa during the rut for a chance at a true giant the lower two teers of counties and hunt the two big rivers either the mississippi or missouri thats my 2 ,thanks for spending your money here!good luck!and please shoot your doe too!

·
Banned
1,007 Posts
Try zones 6,5,4,3 for your best chance at a giant zone 9 looks on paper to be the best but most of the deer there are small record books 135-145 lots of public but you will have people all over if it was my money zone 3 or 6

1 - 6 of 6 Posts