Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just read where the Iowa supreme court ruled in favor of not letting three out of state land owners have resident tags.From what I could tell they lived in Iowa part of the year with some farming there on there on ground but also traveled out of state to there other properties. i would think this is going to set a standard from now on thats going to affect alot of people there including several well know T.V. pesonalities. Just curious what u guys think?

·
Registered
4,258 Posts
I dont think owning land in Iowa has ever made you a resident. You actually need to reside in the state.

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
Yep if you claim residency in ANY other state during the year you have to reset your residency status and wait the required waiting period before getting Iowa residency again. With the internet...it is nearly impossible to pull dual residency....they do track your mail ;) It has already affected some TV personalities....who try and do a dual residency. Normally they receive governor tags so doesn't affect them to much.

·
Registered
2,341 Posts
Most TV people, along with celebrities, athletes, etc can get tags every year to "promote" the hunting in Iowa. Apparently without them no one would know Iowa has good hunting.

·
can I shoot it?
17,049 Posts
Yep, Governor's tags are where the big name guys get their yearly Iowa tags. He in Iowa the bigger gear selling, stupid catch phrase saying, Internet forum hating celeb you are the more likely you are to receive a tag in Iowa. Pretty crazy system we have here. It will effect some of those that have multiple tracks in different states but do not hunt on TV for a living.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Do you think the Dnr will now go after some of the guys living on the edge? Looks to me like if you and your immediate FAMILY doesnt live in Iowa your done no matter if you do meet all the criteria.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts