Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Bowhunt/Homebrew have FUN
23,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Someone asked about "high quality" IR cams the other day and I mentioned how I excited I was to finally be able to dedicate a day to myself - well here are the fruits of that labor

IRs600 fasthack - with a customized FS Yeti, HPWA (foam removed), C-cell reserves - Vivitar 2800 supported by 4 C-cells driven by a custmized RCDavis Slave Controller, packed in a Pelican 1120 wth a stainless security tube and custom 12-Ringer camo.....

roughly 25 feet

roughly 40 feet

roughly 15 feet

roughly 25 feet

roughly 45 feet

the IR focus could MAYBE be a little better - but anyone who has done one of these know how much of a pain they are - I am very happy how this turned out and I can't wait to get it in the field......

Joe

·
Registered
4,222 Posts
looks good Joe; the IR light looks evenly dispersed.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Very clear IR photos.

Blessings......Pastorjim

·
Registered
398 Posts
I had a ir 600 that took terrible focused night pic's, swapped the lens assembly out for a color and pulled the IR filter off the flash and it still takes unfocused night pic's. The day pic's are clear as a bell so I just gave up. Looks like yours is doing a good job and it surely reaches out there. Nice Job

·
Bowhunt/Homebrew have FUN
23,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I had a ir 600 that took terrible focused night pic's, swapped the lens assembly out for a color and pulled the IR filter off the flash and it still takes unfocused night pic's. The day pic's are clear as a bell so I just gave up. Looks like yours is doing a good job and it surely reaches out there. Nice Job
Yeah the s600 can be pretty finicky with regard to swapping out lens assemblies, from my experience it usually runs somewhere around 1 successful swap for every 10 or 15 assemblies, whereas the s40 can be as forgiving as about 1 for 2. You are actually better off cleaning the ribbons and the gears in both the assembly and focus mechanism and trying to reset as opposed to swapping them out. I have a few s600 with the "night focus" issue that I run as day only or day only video units....great thing about HBs, can always find a use for them....

Joe

·
Registered
974 Posts
that is good focus for an ir s600. i tried one once but it wouldnt take focused night pics for nothin

1 - 8 of 8 Posts