Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
1,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have shot the Mace and several Hoyts but not the Katera. I want a faster bow that has good shootability. I can get a good deal on either one of these used. How bout some oppinions.

· Registered
246 Posts
HCA hands down. HCA has the same limbs as Hoyt now but the only difference is HCA's are solid limbs not split like Hoyt. I have had a iron mace for 2 years now and have had 0 problems with it. However I also owned a Hoyt the year prior to my HCA and had 0 problems with it too. Its all about personal preference.

· Registered
312 Posts
Havent shot any HCA bows but have shot the new hoyts and the Katera was my second pick to come home with me if I didnt like my Admiral so much

· Registered
359 Posts
Go with Katera you wont regret the choice. Its a shooter for sure. Plus hoyt durability is time tested and 2nd to none

· Registered
398 Posts
I would go with the iron mace it is a lot faster and it is a shooter.They are very tough bows I have be shooting mine at 3.8 grain per pound for about a year now and it likes it.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.