Archery Talk Forum banner

Iron Mace

1442 Views 13 Replies 14 Participants Last post by  ironmacemafia
Ok, Iron Mace shooters tell me the good, bad & ugly. All replys welcome.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Customer Service is Key
2,731 Posts
a very good shooter
holds on target very nice
the only down fall is draw length may
run alittle long
there is a hump in the draw near the end of the draw cycle
fast & very quiet
hope this helps
Gregg

· Registered
344 Posts
shoots awsome(bow is more accurate than me)
very fast
quiet for how fast it is
forgiving for that speed
Draw does run long not a prob though, just adjust it.
I dont know about others but my 70# came in at 78#, if I would have known it was that heavy i would have ordered a 60#

· Registered
2,548 Posts
I have a 2007 Iron Mace and it is by far my favorite bow. It is the most fun bow to shoot I have ever owned (and I have owned a lot!!) very fast very quiet dead in the hand. They do run a tad long on DL but it isn't an issue since they are adjustable in 1/2" increments by moving the mods on the cam.

· Registered
2,556 Posts
Owned one. Very quiet and quick, no vibration. dl is too long. One guy said not a problem, but if your a 27" dl it is because its closer to 28" on lowest setting. Also that extra dl equates to about a 7fps lie on the speed. Apples to apples my mace was about 9fps faster than my vectrix plus.

· Registered
102 Posts
lla nailed it in the first post. I switched from hoyts and pse, two very good companies that I never had a problem with. I took a chance on the iron mace, and am VERY VERY glad I did. You cant believe the speed without the shock and noise. great bow, hope I dont ever have to deal with the poor customer service everyone talks about. Hope this helps. Matt

· Registered
43 Posts
I've had mine for three years. Love the bow. Does draw a little long. I put a STS on mine. Very quiet. It has a little different draw cycle, but it is smooth and FAST!!!! One of the main things that drew me to the bow was its components... Barnsdale limbs, Winners Choice strings. Deer don't like it though. :wink: Customer service: Nathen seems to care. The woman who answers the phone there (I think her name is Lydia) is a sweetheart to talk to. Mine is equipped with a Black Gold sight, Alpine quiver, QAD rest. Shoot Carbon Express Maxima Hunter arrows, G5 Montec broadheads. It's a lean, mean, killin' machine!
Try it... you'll like it!

· Registered
2,164 Posts
I had one, it was a great bow. The only reason I sold it was because I got a good deal on the High Country Speed Force. The Speed Force is even better. The Speed Force is my fourth High Country bow. I have shot the light weight arrows through all of them and never had a problem with any of the bows. I just wish HCA would offer a Carbon Graphite bow again. I miss those.

· Registered
21 Posts
high country Iron Mace

I have owned my 07 Iron Mace for 3 years and Love it not to mention the 340fps I get out of it one pin out to almost 40 yards. This is the 6th High country which I have owned. The Customer service is great, never had a problem calling and talking to them about anything. shoots like a dream, scored a 320 while shooting 3D yesterday, speaks for itself.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.