Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So recently i purchased a 3pack of Iron Will 125's. I have tried out the vast majority of fixed heads on the market and i always gravitate back to my magnus stingers. Took the plunge and decided to purchase some of the "high end bh's." My first shot into one of the bh targets at my archery club and the blade breaks. I can only assume that the bh collided with a busted blade or field point inside of the target.

Remembering that these iron will's have a lifetime warranty i went to the website and sent out the info to receive a RA#. Within a couple hours i got an email from Bill asking for a picture and a brief explanation of what happened. After explaining what happened i received another quick reply from Bill with him saying that its the first he has ever seen one of the blades breaking the way it did. My initial impression after opening up the boxes they arrived in (pretty sweet btw) is that these bh's are definitely of the highest quality out of anything i've ever come across. So Bill's claim is one i could easily be inclined to believe.

What really got me though was the fact that all this took place on saturday morning. To receive correspondence so quickly on the weekend is just an example of truly excellent customer service imo, and something i wish more companies could more of.

So while yes it sucks that i end up with a broken blade on my very first shot in a way i'm actually kind of glad it happened. I got to see first hand quality customer service and assuming these bh's perform anything like we have already heard about from all the previous reviews out there i will definitely be buying some more of these in the future.

Obviously we all would just prefer to buy the product and it gives us a long life of service without ever needing a warranty. However, these things do happen and its nice to know this particular company stood behind their broadhead 100%. That alone is enough to make me a repeat customer.

IMG_0047.jpg

·
Registered
6,958 Posts
Interesting
I have a few of the IW 125s and have shot them into targets 100s of times. Thus far, I had zero problems. They fly very well for me and seem to stay sharp muck longer when shooting into target, than other heads.
I will have them on my Beemans on a brown bear hunt in June and a Grizzly hunt in August.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The strange part is that it broke at the rear of the blade. First time ever seeing one break that way. when i took the second one and started shooting it i did notice it flew very straight. granted i was only shooting at 25 years max but it was dead on with fp's

·
Registered
2,763 Posts
Weird.. but stuff happens. IW has excellent CS just by responding to all my emails last summer when I became interested in there BH. I doubt I’ll ever break one in a hunting situation.

·
Registered
18,399 Posts
That's not good, nothing is indestructible I guess but that is surprising with the materials they use.I guess the quest continues for that "indestructible"head. Maybe something in the hardening process and that particular head, maybe you hit a tungsten target point in there, but a point inside a target should have a little give.

·
Registered
5,523 Posts
Probably a metallurgical flaw in the raw material; perhaps a hydrogen or carbon inclusion that went South during the hardening and tempering processes.

It happens on rare occasion, even with the best materials...

·
Registered
10,341 Posts
Ouch, that sucks. Surprising but I can see that happening if hitting another piece of solid metal. Did you continue to shoot the other two heads and if so what were the results?
I am sure bill will get you taken care of in short order. While it’s hard to judge someone via their online persona I would go out on the limb and say Bill is a standup guy. Let us know the resolution.

For the record I have a set on 100 IW, I have only used one of the heads. Probably 100-120 shoots into a blob and rhinoblock. I would say it was still hunting sharp after the first 25 or so shots. This is been pretty atypical in my experience. I have only used one other head that has held its edge as well. In any event I like the heads and plan on stocking up with a lifetime supply ....

·
Registered
12,032 Posts
I buried one in a tree in Sept, after cutting and digging it out, still shaving sharp and looked brand new. They are excellent heads, and he does seem to have a great customer relationship (from his posts here)

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i took the other two out this morning and did some outdoor shooting. 15 degrees and some wind. after today im for sure going to grab some more of these things. very accurate shots out to 65 yards

·
Registered
309 Posts
I had they opposite experience. Had a head break, took them days to respond to each email I sent, and then refused to replace the head because I no longer had proof of purchase. Certainly not in line with the claim they make on their website

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
17,307 Posts
I had they opposite experience. Had a head break, took them days to respond to each email I sent, and then refused to replace the head because I no longer had proof of purchase. Certainly not in line with the claim they make on their website

Thats not good,

·
Registered
309 Posts
Shortly after I posted this, they changed their mind and replaced the blade. I take back what I said

·
Registered
5,833 Posts
I wouldn't take back what you said, what you said is what got it replaced. If you wouldn't have said what you said, they wouldn't have replaced it. It's the power of the Internet, and you saying something, them thinking they could get away with not standing by there word. And then them finding you had poseted it here, changed there mind. Good you brought it up, if you ask me. They may be more inclined to keep there word, hopefully.

·
Registered
863 Posts
I wouldn't take back what you said, what you said is what got it replaced. If you wouldn't have said what you said, they wouldn't have replaced it. It's the power of the Internet, and you saying something, them thinking they could get away with not standing by there word. And then them finding you had poseted it here, changed there mind. Good you brought it up, if you ask me. They may be more inclined to keep there word, hopefully.
I tend to agree with all this. The Internet can be a good or terrible tool but in this case, seems like a great one.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts