Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone had any experience with the iron will s100/ gt black label combo?

·
Registered
13,128 Posts
Used the solid 125 last few years , I had my shortest track job of my hunting career last year , 35 yard shot 10-15 yard recovery, heart shot , complete pass through , that broadhead shot 3 deer last season

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
13,128 Posts

·
Registered
13,128 Posts
That’s awesome! Why’d you go with the 125 vs the 100?
I always like a beefier head , I’m not a fan of the 100 grain industry standard .

·
Full Time Novice
7,410 Posts
I always like a beefier head , I’m not a fan of the 100 grain industry standard .

only difference is the ferrule ? blade thickness is the same on all correct? regardless excellent kill and thanks for posting

·
Registered
13,128 Posts
only difference is the ferrule ? blade thickness is the same on all correct? regardless excellent kill and thanks for posting
Yes but I shoot a lot of animals every year and try a lot of different heads , 125 being beefier models essentially across the board .

·
Team #9
8,768 Posts
S100 is the Only fix broad head I am interested in ...its beautiful to me ..I definitely going to get them engraved too
one of the few fixed BH that fly well with AeroVane II's

·
Registered
13,128 Posts
I’m only at 55# draw weight so would the 100s be better?
25 grains isn’t going to make or break much , your draw weight isn’t as important as having a properly spined arrow to your draw weight that will dictate the weight head you need .

·
Registered
6,993 Posts
I’ve used the 125V for several years. It’s been deadly on elk, brown bear, black bear, Aoudad and deer.

·
Registered
17,371 Posts
Had great results with the s100 blew thru a tahr both lungs at 47 yards he went probably 200 yards tho, and hardly any blood on the ground. But alot of hair to soak up blood and grass and bush's over 6' tall makes, for tough times, tracking

·
Registered
43 Posts
Had great results using the S100 head. Best flying broadhead I've shot. Complete pass through on bull elk. Also, they are a great company and Bill is a top notch guy.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Used the solid 125 last few years , I had my shortest track job of my hunting career last year , 35 yard shot 10-15 yard recovery, heart shot , complete pass through , that broadhead shot 3 deer last season

Are you still using these? From your quote I take it as you are not using the s125 this year. With that great of a success, if you did move away from them, why not still using them? I have seriously considered just biting the bullet and getting myself a six pack of s125 and v125 for my first broadheads because they are just so beautiful and I keep hearing great things. But then it seems I keep coming across posts of people moving away from them. Don't mean to pry lol, just very interested in any knowledge I can acquire. Thanks

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Well I just got my s100s in they look amazing and can’t wait to try them out!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts