Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have some gt 22 I want to shoot for 3d again this year but with my chill r I need them to be 400gr to keep speed under 288fps, I have 125 up front now if I add 50 gr weight to get me to 175gr up front and put arrow weight to 412 my speed will be good, question is is that gone be too much, haven't tried it yet just wanted input before I drop the dollars on tips and weight.

·
USMC 04/2005-05/2013
3,603 Posts
May need to shorten the length or drop poundage depending on how stiff the arrow was before. With my RPM360 and A/C/C arrows I had to drop 5-6 pounds or else I was to weak when I had it at 70 with the regular aluminum inserts.

·
Loving Me Some Spirals!
13,471 Posts
22's are a .300 spine. Your probably good. What's the poundage and DL?

·
Registered
251 Posts
I would say that would work great. .300 spine arrow with 175 point weight would give you great foc and be a good flying arrow set up.

·
Premium Member
10,922 Posts
22's are a .300 spine. Your probably good. What's the poundage and DL?
I believe it's in his signature.

Now to the OP. Nothing says you have to shoot 70#. If the added weight up front makes the spine weak you can always turn the weight down. And there is also the option of shooting aluminum arrows which pull easier from 3D targets.

·
Loving Me Some Spirals!
13,471 Posts
I believe it's in his signature.

Now to the OP. Nothing says you have to shoot 70#. If the added weight up front makes the spine weak you can always turn the weight down. And there is also the option of shooting aluminum arrows which pull easier from 3D targets.
I don't see signatures on tapatalk. Can you post his specs?

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah I have it turned down to 65 lbs and still getting 302 with the arrow now. It is weighing 362 gr right now if I add 50 and drop to 62 lbs calculator shows should be at 284

·
Loving Me Some Spirals!
13,471 Posts
Yeah I have it turned down to 65 lbs and still getting 302 with the arrow now. It is weighing 362 gr right now if I add 50 and drop to 62 lbs calculator shows should be at 284
Three options:
1. Turn the bow weight down
2. Add tip weight
3. Go to a larger heavier shaft and leave the tip weight where it's at.

If you comfortable and like the holding weight weight and don't want to get new arrows then yes add the tip weight.

You are fine spine wise. That's going to make an awesome arrow FOC wise and the tip weight is really going to minimize you deflection distance off the back of other arrows.

I have shot 22's with 250 grains in the front at 30/60. Currently shoot them with 140 grains up front at 30/77

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks guys gonna five it a try and see how they shoot.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts