Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone try the Teflon Biscuit made by Vital Gear? If it works as advertised (same as a biscuit,but without fletching contact or whisker wear), then it would seem to be an actual improvement over the well established Whisker Biscuit. Anyone?

·
NC ASA Director
36,078 Posts
Pics?

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Thats not a biscuit, not even close. Plus if you read the info it uses felt pads, not even bristles.

·
Registered
402 Posts
From the way that thing looks, if your nock gets turned the slightest bit, the vane will hit the rest.

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah...that's the one I'm referring to, posted by Hawgfan. Basically a whisker biscuit without the bristles. Or even a Hostage rest with permanent points of contact. I guess the complaint on the hostage has been the individual points of contact, brushes, wear fast. Maybe this solves that problem too?

·
NC ASA Director
36,078 Posts
Looks like a NAP 360.

Most rest need to give a little at the contact points. Don't know if this one does that or not.

That's why most launchers are bristles or spring steel.

·
Registered
5,434 Posts
Ever watch an arrow leave a bow in slow motion? U-tube has a bunch of videos to watch. The arrows whip and wobble like all get out. I'm thinking that a rigid, full contact rest like this wouldn't be good for arrow flight and might just take a beating

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Good point. If the oscilation of the shaft due to torque from the bowstring were curtailed, then may that have a negative effect on accurac?. I'm not an experienced archer, or even a physics major (nor do I play one on TV), but does a whicker biscuit curtail arrow shaft "wiggle" also? I'm fairly accurate with my whisker biscuit, but have been contemplating a drop-away to minimize any rest interference.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts