Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Francis
2,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering this.

If you go through the trouble of adjusting and timing the drop whether it be an arm like on the muzzy, or a string like on the trophy taker, what happens when your string/cables stretch,

wont this change the timing of the rest and affect your shooting?

·
Banned
1,622 Posts
no it does not
the lift is initiated by the buss cable moving down and back which your cable would have to stretch a whole lot before it would have any ill effects of the rest functioning properley.

·
Banned
1,622 Posts
sorry but I disagree
it may have a slight effect but not enough to keep the rest fro functioning the way it is supposed to.
but then agin when your string stretches you should twist it up to get the proper A to A measurment.

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
I don't think it would affect the rest much either. If it is attached to the cable it will still function as long as it is set up right, I don't think there would be sufficient movement from the string stretching to alter this. Now you can have the cord too short thatit will affect the rest. Make sure it is adjusted so it picks up the rest the final 2" or so of the draw.

·
Banned
1,622 Posts
a stretched string will cause your arrow trajectory to be lower but.....

·
Banned
1,622 Posts
less axle to axle would cause you to loose draw weight.

·
Banned
1,622 Posts
RE: but...

it will not effect how the fallaway operates if it is set up properly to begin with.

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
Depending on how you setup the rest it could or could not affect your shot if the cables stretched.

If you go with the standard methond of being fully up the last 1 or 2 inches of draw you will be ok. If you time it to rise at the very last second of the draw you could notice a slight drop in your arrows point of impact.

If you go with the standard method of setting them up it's almost a moot point.

·
Registered
16,232 Posts
cable stretch

If you shoot a NAP or similar fall away that utilizes the cable slide to pick up the rest then cable stretch will not effect the position of the rest at full draw . If you use a fall away like the Trophy Takers, etc. then the rest will be affected some, depending on the amount of stretch.

I shoot and prefer the NAP for that reason. I don't have to worry about stretch and If I need to change string and cables then there is less headach with re-serving rest lanyard's etc.

Not advertising, just works for me.:cool:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts