Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,
I need some help. I am currently looking to purchase a new bow for my girlfriend. After a couple weeks for searching I looked and decided that a Hoyt trykon sport would be a good bow for her to start with and if she likes it use it for a while. well, i told her that i was thinking about getting her the bow. after hearing this she got online and decided to do some homework on the bow. She looked at the bow and then noticed that it said that it was a youth bow and when she saw that it made her decide that she didnt want the bow. The problem is that i want her to have a good bow that she can use at 3d shoots and for hunting it is really that best bow that i can buy her for the money. So i was just wondering if any of my fellow bow lovers could give me some feed back that i can let her read to see what other people think other than myself
Thank you
Tucker

·
Registered
18 Posts
yes the trykon sport is youth and womens bow i just bought a 30-40 lb trykon sport for my girlfriend last weekend she loves the bow i was looking at gettingt some of the other brands but after looking at all the specs on this bow and other brands this would be the best bow for doing any hunting at all. i have her set up at 35lbs right now and working to max it out shes shooting easton axis arrows with 2" blazers and a wb rest she thought she liked it before just looking at and holding it but now that shes getting about a 5inch group shes very excited and cant wait for the season. this is her first bow and has never been around bows before i got mine about 5 months ago. so other than if your wanting to spend some real money and get a better bow by buying the hoyt koblat then buy the trykon sport either way neither of u will be dissapointed.

·
Registered
217 Posts
womens bow

Depending on how much you want to spend, I have a Hoyt Katera and I love it! Definetly good for a short draw person. Just thought I would give my opinion.

·
Registered
380 Posts
i have a hoyt trykon sport and I love it. It is a great bow. I have done so much better in 3d since I got this bow. Here's a picture

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
I am a beginning archer and I just bought a Trykon Sport and I LOVE it! I tryed out a lot of different bows... Diamond Edge, Katera, Equalizer, etc. The TS just fit me the best and felt the most comfortable. The problem that I ran into is that although I am a woman, I am a little one and I found that most of the bows made for ladies wouldn't fit to my DL (A whopping 24"). Just tell her she needs to shoot several different bows and just pick the one that feels the most natural. Ya I know that's the same advice everyone gives, but it's so true. I wanted so badly to have someone just tell me what to buy because I hardly know anyone who bowhunts and I felt like an idiot in the shop because I didn't know anything about archery. It's intimidating!
Anyway, I got a 40-50# bow even though my tiny little weakling arms could only draw about 35# at the time. The shop tuned it down to 38# (lowest it would go) so I could get out and practice. I'm shooting at 42# after just three weeks so that might be something to keep in mind when you're picking out the bow.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts