Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone! I'm new to the forum, and to Archery as well!
I hope this is the right place to post this! :shade:

I took a course last season and now have decided I'm gonna buy my setup. I will stick to the outdoor/indoor range for now, simply target and 3D, and later on field archery.
So as I'm looking through everything I've come across a small question that I've searched around here and google for an answer to.
I'm currently looking for a quiver, a lot of good words about the Easton Target Quiver, so I was looking at this one: Easton Range Lite Quiver. http://www.lancasterarchery.com/easton-range-lite-quiver.html

If I do in fact get this quiver (many users said to get a field quiver as it won't bother the shooter next in line like the target quiver will). No matter which quiver I decide to get, is a quiver belt absolutely necessary?
If I go for the Easton quiver, is the Easton Belt necessary? http://www.lancasterarchery.com/easton-quiver-belt.html

Can I not simply use my own belt at home? Will it not fit properly? etc..? Do all of you shooters use a belt to hold your quiver. If a shooter has a quiver and other accessories (extra packs, bow holder, etc.) then I understand the need for the belt. But for now as a starting archer, looking only for a quiver is it necessary?

Thanks in advance !!

·
Now Older than Dirt
780 Posts
Just my take on it but a quiver belt is much more convenient. Yes You can use Your pants belt but too me I take a lunch break so nice to just slip off my quiver on its own belt and hang up on rack / over back of chair etc. Indoor shoots go to sit at table just slip it off. No backing my pants belts out of pants loops etc. Sudden Emergency #2 You will really want the quiver on a belt!!! Just a convenience item and one I will never be without. Plus they don't cost much at all. Get one You will be glad You did!

·
Registered
125 Posts
IMO I dont use a quiver belt but just a SEPERATE cheap belt from dollar store. I have my normal belt on, then just have the other one on like a quiver belt

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you all for the quick response! I will try out the cheap belt idea, then make the purchase as rcr7mm recommended!
Thanks again!

·
Banned
110 Posts
you can't even get a leather belt for 12 bucks, you might as well get the easton to match the quiver. I wouldn't worry about the next shooter in line, if he's standing that close, ask him to get out of your bubble and he's bothering YOU.

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
I use a separate belt and it's just more convenient than threading it onto my pants belt. The belt I use is a Craftsman 2" Work Belt ($5) and it works great because it's designed to take the weight easily and it's got a lot of adjustment.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
you can't even get a leather belt for 12 bucks, you might as well get the easton to match the quiver. I wouldn't worry about the next shooter in line, if he's standing that close, ask him to get out of your bubble and he's bothering YOU.
Hmm.. 2 good points! Thanks Zerg!

·
Registered
2,852 Posts
I use a leather work belt from rural king as my quiver belt. Definitely worth it. Go ahead and get the matching belt, you will be glad you did.

·
Anti Fanboy
42,727 Posts
Interesting that you brought this up. Just yesterday I changed my belt on my hip quiver.

I'm still using an old quiver my dad used back in the late 60's. It had a clip on it that clipped to your normal belt. I hated that clip with a passion.

So yesterday I just happened to find one of those nylon type belts with a large plastic buckle in a box. Removed that clip, inserted the wide belt, and life is sooooo much better now. Much more comfy and just better all the way around.

Happy Shooting.

Skeet.

·
Registered
11,967 Posts
i use a belt that came out of a safety harness that was included with a tree stand i bought. many people just toss those belts because they use a vest. it is a wide nylon web and the buckle is one of the cinch type that has infinite adjustment...so as i eat more fried chicken i can let it out, and when i don't eat fried chicken i can tighten it up.

:shade:

·
Marty in Badgerland
5,292 Posts
I went to Menards and got a webbed belt for a tool pouch. It has a quick connect buckle on it. I think it was around $5.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts