Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Team 32
2,524 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't help it. everytime i turn around i see a good deal on some goldtips on here and I buy a dozen or 2. I bet I've bought 5 or 6 dozen in the past year and a half, and i still dont feel like i have enough. I have a dozen display arrows, a couple dozen target arrows, a dozen or so hunting arrows, and more broken and lost ones than I can count.... anyone else have this problem???
Hokie

·
Registered
310 Posts
I am a freak when it comes to trying out new gear, especially arrows and broadheads.

In the last year I have shot Axis, ACC super slims, FMJ's, Carbon Tech Whitetails, and now once I get to the shop I will be shooting CT Rhino XP's.

Gets expensive, or should I say is very expensive. Worst part is it took three dozen axis, one dozen super slims, and a dozen FMJ's to figure out I hate the HIT inserts, oh well, just threw away a new bow with that, but live and learn.

·
Registered
9,843 Posts
Not yet, but since I switched to carbons I only have a dozen Goldtips. I called the shop today and ordered 2 dozen Carbon Express Terminator Selects.

·
Registered
2,758 Posts
yes! i am i have so many different shafts spread out all across my room. they are just everywhere, where ever you look you will see arrow shafts. its a fun addiction.

·
Banned
10,353 Posts
Could care less about arrows, all I need is a dozen in my possession at any given time. Broadheads on the other hand, I buy and test broadheads like people use toilet paper :D

·
She's baaaaack!!!!
20,524 Posts
I'm NOT admitting anything..........it's the first step to recovery!:confused:

·
Registered
899 Posts
Nope, not me.....
But if you were talking about broadheads......well now sir, thats a different story!!:mg:

·
Registered
518 Posts
PABowhunt4life said:
Could care less about arrows, all I need is a dozen in my possession at any given time. Broadheads on the other hand, I buy and test broadheads like people use toilet paper :D
I think there is a better way to word your sentiments. Or else you had better have plastic covers on all your upholstered furniture...:wink:

·
Banned
910 Posts
I break or loose 1 & 1/2 to 2 dozen a year and some dillhole Im shooting with breaks another 1/2 to a dozen more.At that rate,if your building an inventory , your just not shooting enough.Thats why I buy the standard grade GT's, It doesnt hurt as much when I screw up or shoot an accidently on purpose robin hood.

·
Registered
37,038 Posts
Yes and No. I dont have a problem with buying alot of arrows but I do buy alot of sights and rests for some reason. And I guess alot of releases too. Oh well.

·
Registered
7,634 Posts
i'd like to be but it costs $$$$. last time i bought arrows is ABOUT 10 years ago, i split a dozen 2213's with my [then] little boy . i'm down to 5 left of the 12, he has new arrows and doesn't shoot anymore,go figure . i'm in the market but don't know what to buy,besides it's fun looking .

·
Registered
3,487 Posts
yes i found a guy on e-bay with xx78 2219 uncut for $35 a dz i bought all he had he had 6dz i figure i can sell them if needed it nice not to worry about arrows

·
Team #28
5,828 Posts
Not really addicted to buying arrows, but definitely addicted to buying new bows. :darkbeer:

·
Registered
8,383 Posts
I'm totally opposite! I almost never buy arrows. I live out of my "arrow bucket" at the house. If i got 3 of one kind, then i'm good to go. I shot the last few 3D tourneys this past summer with 2 arrows!:mg: When people asked why i was carrying only 2 arrows, i responded with "well, i might need a spare"....:wink:

·
Registered
8,117 Posts
nccrutch said:
I'm totally opposite! I almost never buy arrows. I live out of my "arrow bucket" at the house. If i got 3 of one kind, then i'm good to go. I shot the last few 3D tourneys this past summer with 2 arrows!:mg: When people asked why i was carrying only 2 arrows, i responded with "well, i might need a spare"....:wink:
You and Brent both, except Brent's spare is missing one fletch and is bent too! Can't help but laugh at him! It is hard leading or following that group! :wink:

·
Registered
673 Posts
well seeing as there are 4 in my family that shoot ( me, the wife and two kiddies) and we all shoot several different disciplines I end up with different arrows for 3D and indoor for the kids, different arrows for 3d, indoors and hunting for the wife and I, plus arrows for our recurves to play with.....all in all probably 13-15 dozen on hand at any given time in my house.

Chris

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
yes. I have arrows all over my shop. I try different brands cut at different lengths and change tips all the time. I can't explain it, I guess I just like to tinker.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts