Archery Talk Forum banner

Is anyone else embarrassed to watch THP?

14378 235
I’ll start by saying I was a fan of the group in their first year or two. I also find myself still watching their show so what does that say about me? With that said am I the only one who is embarrassed to even have their show on anymore with my wife friends or family in the room. It’s feels like watching a movie with your kids while a couple is having sex. Their actions and humor some worse than other “Zach and the intern” has gotten really bad. I feel like it’s an indictment on me to even have the show on.
1 - 20 of 236 Posts

· Registered
4,534 Posts
I lost interest when they paired up with Troy/RF and started trying to teach us about tuning and arrow setup. That isn't what they are good at (THP and Troy, lol) and should stick with how to scout and hunting videos.

They've also started taking dumber shots now that they shoot adult arrows and the rainbow trajectory isn't helping. Several of THP crew has stated now that they have bone breaking arrows and can take bad shots. Predictable cringe.

These youtubers hook up in part to share their audience and strength each other. So, it is understandable.

· Registered
1,383 Posts
I’m embarrassed that I’m on archerytalk watching grown men gossiping about tv shows like women.
My TV has an off button and I don't concern myself with trivial things. So, no.

What IS embarrassing is seeing AT turn engaged in so much grade school behavior over tv shows.
Although I totally agree with your sentiments, how does making comments like that help anything? Does it just make you feel better? In the same way you say you simply do not watch, you could just not read or comment on these AT threads that you apparently feel you’re so above.

· Registered
648 Posts
Although I totally agree with your sentiments, how does making comments like that help anything? Does it just make you feel better? In the same way you say you simply do not watch, you could just not read or comment on these AT threads that you apparently feel you’re so above.
One can hope that people after receiving the feedback, will do some self reflection, reassess if their priorities are correct and if they are making the forum better or worse and that hearing it in unison with others would give weight to that need.

But I'm probably overly optimistic...

· Registered
2,990 Posts
I could argue that I’m bringing awareness to the fact that the members here are tired of seeing these threads in hopes that people will stop posting them so archerytalk can go back to archers helping archers.

· Registered
I don’t hunt for the sport I hunt for the meat
27,483 Posts
I’m embarrassed to watch almost any hunting show anymore. They way these guys make hunting out to be is pathetic and gives hunting a bad look. I refuse to watch most shows

· Registered
4,534 Posts
One can hope that people after receiving the feedback, will do some self reflection, reassess if their priorities are correct and if they are making the forum better or worse and that hearing it in unison with others would give weight to that need.

But I'm probably overly optimistic...
So you're stating no one should critique anything if they have the possibility to also not view it?

I suppose then art critics shouldn't critique art since they can walk out of galleries.

1 - 20 of 236 Posts