Archery Talk Forum banner

Is anyone else embarrassed to watch THP?

14381 235
I’ll start by saying I was a fan of the group in their first year or two. I also find myself still watching their show so what does that say about me? With that said am I the only one who is embarrassed to even have their show on anymore with my wife friends or family in the room. It’s feels like watching a movie with your kids while a couple is having sex. Their actions and humor some worse than other “Zach and the intern” has gotten really bad. I feel like it’s an indictment on me to even have the show on.
81 - 100 of 236 Posts

· Registered
136 Posts
Why would you be embarrassed? Who cares? Watch whatever you want.

That being said, the last thing we need is more people on public land, especially in Texas where public land hunting is extremely tough. They aren't helping in that regard.

I have learned some stuff about 'e-scouting' from watching their videos though.

· Registered
Addicted to buying and selling bows lol
318 Posts
Nope love them its refreshing to see them being themselves instead of what other want them to be or the industry. you dont like them so what dont watch them. They are not here to please everyone, now what is annoying is people on AT complaining about other hunters being themselves, feel like day of our lives on this thread. ;) Oh side not there are more hunters that relate to them than not, i for one when i hunt with buddies and deer camp my inner child comes out and get goofy and have fun

· RuffLight and Bsquare
16,938 Posts
Let me save you from even having to turn on the TV:
1. Garage opens in the dark "we are heading out at 3am to get to our spot."
2. 20 minutes of mansplainin' in the truck.
3. Cut to stand, 20 minutes of whispering the weather forecast and how hard the hunt has been with product placement.
4. Takes the shot, "I smoked him!" Fist pump, fist bump with camera man, points to heaven and thanks the Creator.
5. "Shot was perfect but we better back out just to make sure."
6. Hero shots with deer 24hrs later, more mansplainin' about the perfect shot and more product placement.
7. The end

· Registered
9,386 Posts
Oh look, another post about someone not happy with people who are better hunters than them & having different personalities than them. How original 🥱.

Next on the Haters of AT Channel, “Twizzlers & Flappers: How the Ranch Fairy Hurt My Butthole”
Don't let him next to your butthole. I mean, he is a fairy. Sorry, that was too easy.

· Registered
291 Posts
Let me save you from even having to turn on the TV:
1. Garage opens in the dark "we are heading out at 3am to get to our spot."
2. 20 minutes of mansplainin' in the truck.
3. Cut to stand, 20 minutes of whispering the weather forecast and how hard the hunt has been with product placement.
4. Takes the shot, "I smoked him!" Fist pump, fist bump with camera man, points to heaven and thanks the Creator.
5. "Shot was perfect but we better back out just to make sure."
6. Hero shots with deer 24hrs later, more mansplainin' about the perfect shot and more product placement.
7. The end
“Mansplainin” 😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣🤣😂😂😂🤣🤣😂🤣😂😂🤣🤣😂🤣🤣🤣🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂 Best post ever!!!

· Registered
1,858 Posts
Should I be embarrassed that I've never seen their show? I'm guessing it's a YouTube thing because i do watch a few hunting shows but not on YouTube. I'm guessing I'm in the minority since I don't turn to YouTube for my TV viewing pleasures...? 🤷‍♂️

· Registered
1,345 Posts
Zach is probably the only one that has made me turn off an episode early , there is no need to scream in the woods unless you are hurt or stuck. Otherwise if I have time before bed ill try and watch an episode occasionally. It beats the heck out of the deer farm shows where all the deer have cute names.

· Registered
Hoyt CD34
1,766 Posts
To each his own. While I have skipped past much of their content I happen to feel they are one of the better Archery hunting offerings out there. So I for one enjoy a quite a bit of the content they offer. I likely would have not made my way to try a tree saddle if it wasn't for the Texas Highway patrol.

· Huntoholic
10,860 Posts
What does any of that have to do with the guy looking at maps with his kids?
viewing maps was not stated, scouting was,,,, sorry but E scouting on the computer is not scouting,, and as I said, if they got off their ass and taught the kids in the wild,,, we might see hunters being created again??

I understand what you’re saying as a whole of the industry, however your comment felt very much personally directed at me. I dont e scout in replacement of boots on the ground, its in addition to. Im a farmer, there is no need to question work ethic about people you dont personally know.
I wont hold the being a farmer against you,, but I will say if you thaught I was talking about you, you would have to spend as much time setting on yer azz hoping something walks by while surfing the wab! That was what I said, and if your scouting is on the computer,,, well I have to speak what I feel.

If not,,, nope wasn't talking about you!!

• Haha
Reactions: archer8030

· Registered
Headshots only
1,785 Posts
viewing maps was not stated, scouting was,,,, sorry but E scouting on the computer is not scouting,, and as I said, if they got off their ass and taught the kids in the wild,,, we might see hunters being created again??

I wont hold the being a farmer against you,, but I will say if you thaught I was talking about you, you would have to spend as much time setting on yer azz hoping something walks by while surfing the wab! That was what I said, and if your scouting is on the computer,,, well I have to speak what I feel.

If not,,, nope wasn't talking about you!!
E scouting is looking at maps.

81 - 100 of 236 Posts