Archery Talk Forum banner
101 - 120 of 236 Posts

· Huntoholic
10,860 Posts
E scouting is looking at maps.
OH! pardon me, it has nothing to do with scouting your hunting area then,,, amazing how America operates today E is???? I guess map reading??? my how we have evolved from a literal society!

My mistake then, I guess I'm not up on American grammar????

But yer right, it's still teaching them to be lazy, and rely on battery power, or electroics that can let them down, instead of teaching them to use a compass and a topo map,,, that could be used even when you can't use BS electronics!!!!!

I just took a trip for a week in the Smokie Mountains on are Harley's with another 72 year old member from Ga. Thank God we were not on foot in the back country!! Because with his eyes, after an operation that required fixing his pupils, on dangerous roads after sundown, real life scouting the mountians of NC and TN one day near dark, over an hour from our hotel, on mountain backroads, down in the hollows of nowhere!!!

A GPS was totally worthless!!! But the ability to read a real map, you know an object that is not "CYBER"!!! We could find a way to safely navigate to where we needed to get! Ya,, teach em to be stupid, push the right Button and you don't have to think!!!!

Sorry!!! But once again you prove my point! Why would we want to teach a life skill, that could maybe save your life out in the wild, without relying on batteries, towers, software, the internet, or anything else todays geniuses rely on to be stupid!

When a compass and piece of paper,,,, and you don't even need the compass if sun and stars are viewable,,, but rely on nothing but your own human brain!!!!!

I've witnessed first hand just weeks ago, the last time, but for years over and over just how stupid, computers and electronics has made Americans,,,, and the by product of it is ignorance,,, and a country that is to lazy to know how to enjoy life without buttons and screens that require electricity to live!!!

Thank you for pointing that out!!!

· Registered
Headshots only
1,785 Posts
OH! pardon me, it has nothing to do with scouting your hunting area then,,, amaizing how America operates today E is???? I guess map reading??? my how we have evolved from a literal society!

Apology accepted.

· Banned
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #106 ·
OH! pardon me, it has nothing to do with scouting your hunting area then,,, amazing how America operates today E is???? I guess map reading??? my how we have evolved from a literal society!

But yer right, it's still teaching them to be lazy, and rely on battery power, or electroics that can let them down, instead of teaching them to use a compass and a topo map,,, that could be used even when you can't use BS electronics!!!!!

I just took a trip for a week in the Smokie Mountains on are Harley's with another 72 year old member from Ga. Thank God we were not on foot in the back country!! Because with his eyes, after an operation that required fixing his pupils, on dangerous roads after sundown, real life scouting the mountians of NC and TN one day near dark, over an hour from our hotel, on mountain backroads, down in the hollows of nowhere!!!

A GPS was totally worthless!!! But the ability to read a real map, you know an object that is not "CYBER"!!! We could find a way to safely navigate to where we needed to get! Ya,, teach em to be stupid, push the right Button and you don't have to think!!!!

Sorry!!! But once again you prove my point! Why would we want to teach a life skill, that could maybe save your life out in the wild, without relying on batteries, towers, software, the internet, or anything else todays geniuses rely on to be stupid!

When a compass and piece of paper,,,, and you don't even need the compass if sun and stars are viewable,,, but rely on nothing but your own human brain!!!!!

I've witnessed first hand just weeks ago, the last time, but for years over and over just how stupid, computers and electronics has made Americans,,,, and the by product of it is ignorance,,, and a country that is to lazy to know how to enjoy life without buttons and screens that require electricity to live!!!

Thank you for pointing that out!!!
I was very confused reading this.

· Registered
Mathews V3X33 / Fast Eddie XL / RIP TKO / Day Six Evo
249 Posts
It does appear they tend to "road scout/hunt" quite a bit now. But I also realize some states/areas, you can't predict how many vehicles will be at the parking lot and if it's worth the hassle. I do like the intern that was with Ted in Kansas, seems pretty upbeat.
Nick is hilarious. I would share a beer with that dude - or any of them, for that matter

· Registered
1,958 Posts
Personally, I like THP. Ive learned a ton about whitetail behavior and tactics to hut them. I am from Montana and Idaho so I dont know much about Whitetail hunting, since I always hunted Mule deer and Elk.

I like the approach that Zach often takes of hunting them off the ground rather than dangling in a tree all day..

I do like Zach's strange humor myself. He and the other fellows seem to really enjoy life and have found a way to do what they love full-time... Its got to be better than going to a Crap job everyday that you could care less about...

I say, watch it if ya like it, dont if you dont, and go out and produce your own show that you like. Then a bunch of grown men on AT can chime in on how you are doing it wrong, aren't very funny, and your gut hangs over your belt.

· Registered
PSE EVO XF 33 S2 / Bowtech Revolt X80
912 Posts
In the defense of some it’s not cancel culture if something is directly impacting a resource you value.
I dont like seeing new hunters hit my favorite public spots driving the quality of hunts down. But i was new once too and more than likely messed up a hunt for someone that forgot more than i knew. But its the very tags they are purchasing and new equipment they are buying that promote growth in the industry and procure the opportunity to hit the woods tomorrow. At least thats what im told. Would it make a difference if they were filming for their own entertainment and to share with friends and family? The answer seems fairly obvious but then again boys are girls and girls are boys nowadays and the definition of what a woman is isnt obvious.....

· Registered
2,052 Posts
Hey guys. Islander/flyers game is pretty good two decent fist fights. Mitts off
Oh ok on subject. I don’t watch any Hunting shows. Just not into them. The THP lost me after season 2. I will listen to podcast involving Nathan killen or Jason Redd. About it for me others wise. This time of year hockey and football

· Registered
1,859 Posts
I used to watch every episode but things definitely changed on their show. Last year was just sort of boring and this year is just eh as well. If I see they killed one, I’ll watch the episode but a majority of the episodes are just them driving around and goofing off which is fun in the beginning but gets old fast. I’ll continue to watch them sparingly

· Registered
29 Posts
I will put it on as background noise. I find it entertaining at times, but just rather be out in the woods myself than watching someone else do it. I have learned plenty, so I can't hate. Also, If I could make money hunting I probably would too!

· Registered
441 Posts
I’m curious to know what you all remember as the first video/tv hunting you watched?
For me, the farthest back I can remember is watching Hunters Specialties PrimeTime bucks and The Truth. I remember getting the vhs and dvds every time they came out. Tv hunting is a whole lot different from back then. Even back then the shows were rallied around selling a product. Not near as bad as now but they advertised.

· Huntoholic
10,860 Posts
I was very confused reading this.
Don't feel bad, thats common day,, But again, yer making my point very clear! Most today struggle without abreviation, buttons,, and electronic brains.

• Haha
Reactions: archer8030

· Banned
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #120 ·
I’m curious to know what you all remember as the first video/tv hunting you watched?
For me, the farthest back I can remember is watching Hunters Specialties PrimeTime bucks and The Truth. I remember getting the vhs and dvds every time they came out. Tv hunting is a whole lot different from back then. Even back then the shows were rallied around selling a product. Not near as bad as now but they advertised.
Wade Nolan Quest hunting productions buck quest.

101 - 120 of 236 Posts