Archery Talk Forum banner

Is anyone else embarrassed to watch THP?

14378 235
I’ll start by saying I was a fan of the group in their first year or two. I also find myself still watching their show so what does that say about me? With that said am I the only one who is embarrassed to even have their show on anymore with my wife friends or family in the room. It’s feels like watching a movie with your kids while a couple is having sex. Their actions and humor some worse than other “Zach and the intern” has gotten really bad. I feel like it’s an indictment on me to even have the show on.
121 - 140 of 236 Posts

· Registered
Mathews Triax, Prime Black 5, Elite Enlist, PSE Embark
633 Posts
I think in the beginning it was more innocent and honest, yet between Zachs annoying antics while out on the hunt, and product placement, it's not as it was... and not to offend anyone I felt the same about Rinella and Meateater, once the logo changed, and there were more products being pimped out... like what I use is not sufficient, or inferior lol. To each their own.

On the other hand, I will watch Remi, especially when he was self-filming. Having grown up with the monotonous naration (which I enjoyed) of Fred Bears shows, I find it nice, that my Oldest has gravitated to those old episodes, as well as the old American Sportsman shows on ABC, Miller ads and all.

Again, for some it's their cup of tea, not so much mine, and as such have not watched it in some time.

· Banned
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #122 ·
I think in the beginning it was more innocent and honest, yet between Zachs annoying antics while out on the hunt, and product placement, it's not as it was... and not to offend anyone I felt the same about Rinella and Meateater, once the logo changed, and there were more products being pimped out... like what I use is not sufficient, or inferior lol. To each their own.

On the other hand, I will watch Remi, especially when he was self-filming. Having grown up with the monotonous naration (which I enjoyed) of Fred Bears shows, I find it nice, that my Oldest has gravitated to those old episodes, as well as the old American Sportsman shows on ABC, Miller ads and all.

Again, for some it's their cup of tea, not so much mine, and as such have not watched it in some time.
I’m a big fan of MeatEater!

· Huntoholic
10,860 Posts
Are you insinuating I’m stupid? In my private life I consult the majority of the our fortune 50 companies but maybe they are also stupid right?
I'm insinuating your one of those that better hope the CYBER world don't go down,,,, cause you'll never make it in the real world! Stupid means different things in different situations,,,,, just like some people not being able to figure out how much gas is left in there vehicle without a gauge,,, if you rely on a key or even mechanical instrument for the answer, your not stupid,,,,,, deprived maybe,, confused,,, neglected,, etc etc.

If you don't understand what was said about teaching life's skills, or think that requires a computer,,,, well maybe not stupid, but far from well educated!!

People don't teach common sense and basic knowledge today, that what I have been saying, and seems obvious to me the way some struggle to understand what's being said! I think they understand, just have no ambition to learn, and prefer to rely on the proper button for an answer!

· Huntoholic
10,860 Posts
I’m a big fan of MeatEater!
I can understand that,,, I know a few I was fond of over the years, but you might want to keep some things to yourself,,,,, ;)

Reactions: Smada962

· BIG FRANK....
9,072 Posts
What the hell is THP.

· Banned
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #129 · (Edited)
I'm insinuating your one of those that better hope the CYBER world don't go down,,,, cause you'll never make it in the real world! Stupid means different things in different situations,,,,, just like some people not being able to figure out how much gas is left in there vehicle without a gauge,,, if you rely on a key or even mechanical instrument for the answer, your not stupid,,,,,, deprived maybe,, confused,,, neglected,, etc etc.

If you don't understand what was said about teaching life's skills, or think that requires a computer,,,, well maybe not stupid, but far from well educated!!

People don't teach common sense and basic knowledge today, that what I have been saying, and seems obvious to me the way some struggle to understand what's being said! I think they understand, just have no ambition to learn, and prefer to rely on the proper button for an answer!
Thanks for sharing your thoughts however wrong they may be! You have found a very unique way of using your inability to turn on and off an iPhone as somehow more capable. I could be wrong however I would venture to guess I have spent more nights in the backcountry in the last 10 years. I realize someone who graduated from one of them damn liberal fancy colleges may be intimidating and is stupid for wasting their money when everything they need to survive is “out the farm”.

· Registered
98 Posts
I like THP. I like the way Zach acts. I like they way they’ll kill legal bucks and it’s not all about huge antlers. I like the way they hunt public and private land. The commercials and product placement is annoying but at the same time they’re hunting with a mid/low priced bow. Making hunting accessible for more blue collar people/kids. I’m not embarrassed by them. I’m probably a little proud of them and get excited every time they get a deer.

I also think that MEATEATER has had more to do with people trying public land hunting than THP but, regardless, it’s PUBLIC land and to be upset that there’s more pressure on a resource that we all own is selfish. We’ve all had hunts messed up by something out of our control. It’s not always hunters. The pressure where I hunt increased noticeably around 2020. This season on my annual out of state trip my group ran into some guys claiming they’d been hunting a spot for years. Truth is I had been hunting that spot for years and had euro mounts to prove it. They were butthurt that we ran into them. I just moved on to another spot and killed 3 deer.
I think it’s a fad that will wane after a while. The added pressure is annoying but it’s also a part of using a shared resource.
PS- I’m hunting Texas PL next week. It’s brutal!

· Registered
143 Posts
I'm actually 100 times more embarrassed when I pull up to my public land spot and see 3 to 4 deer carcasses laying around the parking. When as hunters are we going to start policing the relevant issues?

· Registered
Headshots only
1,785 Posts
Are you insinuating I’m stupid? In my private life I consult the majority of the our fortune 50 companies but maybe they are also stupid right?
You and the companies you consult for probably know the difference between commas and periods. Perhaps even communicate in coherent sentences.

I don't think you're the stupid one in this thread.

· Registered
PSE EVO XF 33 S2 / Bowtech Revolt X80
912 Posts
I like THP. I like the way Zach acts. I like they way they’ll kill legal bucks and it’s not all about huge antlers. I like the way they hunt public and private land. The commercials and product placement is annoying but at the same time they’re hunting with a mid/low priced bow. Making hunting accessible for more blue collar people/kids. I’m not embarrassed by them. I’m probably a little proud of them and get excited every time they get a deer.

I also think that MEATEATER has had more to do with people trying public land hunting than THP but, regardless, it’s PUBLIC land and to be upset that there’s more pressure on a resource that we all own is selfish. We’ve all had hunts messed up by something out of our control. It’s not always hunters. The pressure where I hunt increased noticeably around 2020. This season on my annual out of state trip my group ran into some guys claiming they’d been hunting a spot for years. Truth is I had been hunting that spot for years and had euro mounts to prove it. They were butthurt that we ran into them. I just moved on to another spot and killed 3 deer.
I think it’s a fad that will wane after a while. The added pressure is annoying but it’s also a part of using a shared resource.
PS- I’m hunting Texas PL next week. It’s brutal!
Agree with this. There a lot worse representatives out there than THP. Im sure they could've aligned themselves with bigger brand names with the success they've had but they have intentionally stayed with products that are more affordable and thats respectable

121 - 140 of 236 Posts