Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I went out and charged my mineral sites,put out 2 trail cameras,corn,broke down a set and moved it to a location at a new spot.Since they just turned all the fields I am getting a ton of pics on the corn.My new trail cam has a monster screen on it so I did not bring the SD home but I will next week and post the new buck pics.I have 4 bucks coming in at one spot and 2 at the other and they all have fuzzy nubs about 2 inches.I will also be starting to shot my bow out of the deer stand next week everyday to get ready.My favorite part of hanging a new stand is when you finally get it set and you sit down for the first time and look around at all the places you think your are going to get your first shot!

here is my new cam.

SpyPoint Cameras was Voted Best in Cold Temperatures and Most User-Friendly!

# Features: 12.0 Megapixels picture quality
# Very compact (4,5” x 6,8” x 2,8”)
# 3.0” built-in viewing screen
# Removable internal unit for easier handling
# 46 infrared LED night-time illumination
# Video resolution: 640 x 480 AVI
# Color pictures by day, black and white by night
# Date, time, temperature and moon phases printed
# 32 MB built-in memory
# External memory : SD/SDHC up to 8GB
# Sound recording!!!!!!!!!
# USB and TV-OUT ports (NTSC/PAL)
# Adjustable detection sensitivity (5 to 45 ft)
# 12-volt and solar panel auxiliary power jacks
# 6 x AA batteries or rechargeable lithium battery pack(not included)
# Can be powered by rechargeable AA batteries and recharged by solar panel
# Low battery indicator
# Kit includes: Strap, USB and video cables
# User-friendly switch panel

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
I guess you would call it getting ready. It's more of a mental state, it's just at different levels throughout the year. I have been driving a little bit and checking my spots from the roads/ high hills making sure I don't bump anything. I've been seeing a bunch of deer, a couple bucks putting some horn on, I can't wait man.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I started getting ready the day after the season closed the last day of February.

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
how much growth do they have on their heads right now ?
I put some cameras out last weekend to find out how many turkeys are around. My season starts Friday

·
Registered
52 Posts
Yes and I've never even been before........ever.

Picked me up a used Hoyt Xtec little over 3 weeks ago and have been shooting pretty much every day since getting it back from a tune/string replacement from the local shop.

Think my brother in law is more excited than me since he's the hunter in the family but I'm hoping that all changes the first day that I go out with him.

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
I bought a muzzleloader.... I shoot my bow.... I'm ready for deer season...
I dont buy gimmicks and bs so,..... I tend to need tags and I'm ready to rock

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Yes and I've never even been before........ever.

Picked me up a used Hoyt Xtec little over 3 weeks ago and have been shooting pretty much every day since getting it back from a tune/string replacement from the local shop.

Think my brother in law is more excited than me since he's the hunter in the family but I'm hoping that all changes the first day that I go out with him.
Excellent.... welcome to hunting.. and your greatest purchase.. a first bow...a Hoyt too, off to a good start :)

·
Registered
889 Posts
I've been getting ready for a while. The big project is coming up, I'm putting in a small pond in my hunting spot. The nearest water is about a mile away this I'm hoping this will really bring them in.

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The camera I got says it takes 90 second video clips with sound!I can't wait to try the video.

·
Registered
8,122 Posts
yes i am getting ready for deer. big deer. very big deer of the Wapiti kind

·
Registered
346 Posts
Starte a couple weeks ago.

Found an awsome spot for my climber while out turkey hunting. Already trimmed out a path to/from it and will be out trimming limbs and shooting lanes soon.

·
THwack--CRASH
11,173 Posts
I never stop getting ready.

marty
me too!
got two more farms to hunt already...one is a real deer haven.
never stop getting ready ...waiting on new axe 7 to come in:teeth:

·
Keep Calm Have A Dram
2,350 Posts
Our deer season (roe, red, sika and fallow) opened in April. Doesn't end till October. :darkbeer:

MS season doesn't open till October, best of both worlds.

·
Registered
2,973 Posts
Yep foodplots are planted and the waiting game begins. I have a few stands I need to move and a few new ones to put out. It's a long summer but at least golf season is here. :D

·
Registered
28,624 Posts
Always thinking, not necessarily doing.

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
i was born ready

·
Vendor
3,562 Posts
Trophy Blend is working 24/7 for all you hunters, developing NEW stuff and loading up for the 2010 season, Good luck to all of my Friend and Family out here.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts