Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you havent ever done it,it's a blast and awesome practice in the summer months.Quite tasty as well,I prefer a 50/60 lb rig turned down to 50 and some slim tech arrows.We make are own barbs on 75 grain field points all you need is some oxygen,acetyline and some brazin rods to create some good points.We love it around here.

·
Registered
744 Posts
Now that you mention it, it sounds like a blast! Love to try that sometimes.

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
I wonder who took you for the first time? Hmmmm.lol:wink:

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I can't believe there's no more responses to this thread,are there just a select few of us that do this.I'm tellin you all its a good time.

·
Registered
827 Posts
I have a blast shooting frogs it is excellent practice and them frog legs are good eating too. I just don't have many ponds to hunt in.

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
I have in the past been a while though I had a recurve I liked use it was alot of fun plus nothing beats fresh frog legs

·
Registered
6,095 Posts
I never have before but me and my buddy plan to this year

·
Registered
2,718 Posts
I use to do it a lot when I was in high school. It was a ton of fun and I shared the frog legs with my grandpa. It was great practice. The biggest bull frogs were in an old kiln pond at an abandoned saw mill. Those were the biggest bull frogs that I have ever seen! The tadpoles were scary huge. Now that I am a city boy, I have no place to bow hunt frogs. In the small town that I grew up in, I never met anyone else who shot a bow. I thought I was the one who invented bow hunting frogs!

·
Registered
410 Posts
Never used a bow, but me and my bowhunting camp do look forward to the end of June when froggin season starts. We hunt them with 22's and it is probably the funnest hunting you can possibly do.

·
Banned
690 Posts
Been doing it since I was a kid.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Froggin of any type is one of the most underrated outdoor activities. They are a blast to catch or shoot and the meat is some of the best eating game there is. We grow some good ones in Oklahoma! Picture 024.jpg

·
Registered
277 Posts
Do you guys have any hunting tips?do you use a boat,do you go at night and shine,our do you wade,whats a good way to kill these frogs.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
done that and its tons of fun

·
NAASP
14,286 Posts
I wish we had bullfrogs......

1 - 17 of 17 Posts