Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Both last night and tonite while trying to navigate AT it has locked up and you get a totally different screen than AT. After trying a few times I give up and go to Bowsite. I only stay there for a short time then come back to AT which then welcomes me with open arms. Is AT like a jealous woman who totally ignores you until she sees you look at another?:confused:
Dave Nowlin

·
Anointed Arrows
1,088 Posts
Could be many things but...

AT has done a few very unconventional things in this forum which cause great strains on servers. They allow rather large pictures, animated avatars, animated gifs, etc. When combined with the amount of users they have, they have an extremely high demand on their servers. Could be that at times you could just be experiencing the effects of this as a virtual hiccup in the connection. I just experienced this very thing so I closed firefox and started a completely new browser session. I had to do it twice.
I appreciate what AT has chosen to do with allowing all the various expressions and think that it enhances the overall experience but I guess it does come with a price.
Hats off and kudos to the AT staff, peace out.

·
Premium Member
2,233 Posts
Dave Nowlin said:
while trying to navigate AT it has locked up and you get a totally different screen than AT.
What was this other screen? Thanks
Mike

·
Anointed Arrows
1,088 Posts
OT:but just a thought...

Unless Hiram is born again, he won't see the kingdom of heaven. His lambskin apron won't be enough.
The temple ain't the church.
The little black dog with the red collar better be washed in the blood of the lamb.

a word to the wise....relationship not religion.
cloudy or clear there is only one oath that matters
"Jesus is Lord"
In His Love and Service,
peace.

·
Registered
2,363 Posts
lol...It's funny this thread showed up. It seems if I spend any amount of time at another site, then try to come here, the screen just shows up plain white and says "done" at the bottom of my browser. If I open my browser and come here first, it "welcomes me with open arms"....lol

·
Registered
3,543 Posts
Dave,
Funny you mention that because last night I was on and tried to go to page 2 in Bowhunting and it wouldn't go there. Then I tried to refresh and nothing. I went to another site and tried to comeback and nothing. Finally I logged back on and it took 5 minutes for the home page to come on and then everything was ok. It was exactly like when they were having server problems several month ago. Got to have my daily fix here.

TEXAS

·
Registered
131 Posts
If your browser is getting hijacked (and even if it isn't) you should run a Spyware zapper to clean crap off your computer periodically. I use AdAware, a free download from www.lavasoft.com . They have premium versions that they will try to steer you to, but if you stay on the path, you can get a very effective one for free.

sidenote: A friend of mine once had a ton of spyware screwing up his computer, and when I tried to go to lavasoft.com to download AdAware for him, it had such control over his computer that it wouldn't let me go there. I had to download the program from a 3rd party site. It ended up removing over 500 malicious files.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts